Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Please stop harder difficulty bots from throwing games.

I didn't really know what OP was talking about until last night, when I accidentally played a bot game set to easy. I just farmed most of the game, and my remaining four bot allies played really smartly. They pushed together, Sand King ult-ed at appropriate times, they fell back when hurt, defended as a group, etc. Contrast this with Hard bots, which have no coordination at all.

Basic Member
    Yup I haven't played much against the Easy or Medium bots in a while but I do remember that sometimes they'll win on their own on those difficulties which felt sometimes offputting but it beats having to cheese the AIs just to win because your team members throw the game.

Basic Member
    This forum...

people reporting easier bots playing better than harder bots. =_=

I tell you why
    bad players can't handle hard/unfair bots whereas on easy/medium they dominate and therefore the whole team plays better because of overall xp/gold advantage.

Basic Member
    Or maybe the fact I can jungle all game and do absolutely nothing to contribute and they still win on medium? Where as on Hard they feed like crazy regardless of what I do making it far harder than it should be? I posted some 'legendary' screenshots in the other thread of some fantastic score lines in Hard games. One particular gem was the Phantom Lancer game where the score at one point was 10 to 70 and I had 6-0 at that time and didn't die once. It doesn't always occur where your bots feed and walk into death 1 by 1 during a team fight against 4 or 5 AI heroes but there is definitely a difference.

This 'difference' makes them near completely useless for practicing anything other than carrying a bunch of feeders (which is not fun to do 90% of the time) and/or exploiting an AI who can't handle any sort of split pushing because the entire team tps to any point the player attacks resulting in the player just moving elsewhere and making their enemy useless as they run around the map aimlessly trying to catch them.
    Last edited by Peachrocks; 04-05-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Just report the bots that are feeding perhaps? I've noticed Chaos Knight to be the worst, and Tiny the best.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KlausKinski View Post
    This forum...

people reporting easier bots playing better than harder bots. =_=

I tell you why
    bad players can't handle hard/unfair bots whereas on easy/medium they dominate and therefore the whole team plays better because of overall xp/gold advantage.
    Hey guys, we found someone who doesn't play practice matches, but still has an opinion! This reminds me of that old DotA community, where every idiot talked shit because he just could - oh wait, it IS DotA we are playing!

Nope.jpg

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    Just report the bots that are feeding perhaps? I've noticed Chaos Knight to be the worst, and Tiny the best.
    Well we have in numerous ways. Hence the purpose of the thread, but I found it a bit rich to have someone attempting smack talk.

Tiny and CK are both inconsistent, both can have amazing games but most melee heroes tend to feed and not understand their limitations very well. Their best uncontested is Viper, partly because he cheats with sentry gun like reflexes and partly because the bots don't have a clue how to handle him and feed him or become grossly underfarmed due to constantly running back to fountain especially if they are melee. Jakiro is also good but I tend to find on the human team his value decreases due to the bots tendency to go in one at a time, rather than wait back and ice path the nice group of bots clumped together.

Here's a sticky by ChrisC regarding bot difficulties.Skim through,is good
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Basic Member
    IMO the difference is that when your team is wiped on Easy, it's easier for a) the player to handle it, and b) the bots don't take advantage of the situation as much.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by essentialblend View Post
    Here's a sticky by ChrisC regarding bot difficulties.Skim through,is good
    The info in that thread is wrong, though.