Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Please stop harder difficulty bots from throwing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    The info in that thread is wrong, though.
    Last edited Feb 2013?
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by essentialblend View Post
    Last edited Feb 2013?
    It's still wrong, though. For example, it says bots on medium/easy won't 5-man. They do all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    It's still wrong, though. For example, it says bots on medium/easy won't 5-man. They do all the time.
    AHHH! Thanks for the information dude
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Basic Member
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=132068043

Do bots on Unfair difficulty try to throw the match against the player?

Yes, my build was stupid, I was experimenting with something, but holy crap that's just impressively bad on their part. It's like playing with Easy Bots against Unfair Bots. I wonder if the results would change if I made a custom match and set all the bots to Unfair.

Basic Member
    I will never understand what's the logic behind them running 1v5 into the enemy team. Even if there's like 4 of 'em defending a tower while the enemy 5 man ball is pushing, they'll run in one by one without using any skills whatsoever.

Sometimes you engage in a teamfight and get a good ult which say kills 3 and leaves 2 at half health and your team just retreats all the way back to the fountain... It's like you have to play solo, they do nothing

Basic Member
    I like to play practice matches to work on heros with skills shots (such as Pudge). I've noticed that as soon as I start racking up the early kills, the rest of my team suddenly goes into full retard mode and just gets completely stomped. For instance a Windrunner that just runs into a pack of 4 enemy heros and right clicks?? This is in hard difficulty where the enemy bots clearly know how to work together. I have also had an occasion where we drop a T3 and 4 of the enemy team are dead, then suddenly my entire team retreats to go defend a T2 tower from creeps, leaving me to try and kill rakks alone.

Maybe its shear bad luck, but I have a feeling that if you are playing very well your team AI is reduced to try and counteract it and make it balanced. This results in being completely rinsed 5v5 in the later stages of the game. Literally as soon as we engage my entire team just spazzes out and gets wiped in seconds.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drav View Post
    I have also had an occasion where we drop a T3 and 4 of the enemy team are dead, then suddenly my entire team retreats to go defend a T2 tower from creeps, leaving me to try and kill rakks alone.
    That's their default behavior. They probably have very strict conditions for going uphill so they will never attempt to do it. I've had a bunch of games lately and I've always had to go up the high ground / take barracks alone

Basic Member
    you just gotta love it when you are standing at the enemy base with the whole team...you blink in for an awesome 5man ravage or whatever...and all of a sudden you realize that your bots managed to travel over half the map leaving you alone the moment you initate and doing like.......nothing