View Poll Results: Remove abandonment LPQ for bot games

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • I support the removal of LPQ when leaving bot games.

18 43.90%
  • I do not support the removal of LPQ when leaving bot games.

23 56.10%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] No Abandonment of Bot games

Basic Member

Post [Suggestion] No Abandonment of Bot games

I play bots exclusively because I have high ping and offer little in pub games due to that. I frequently DC due to internet problems in my country and then get LPQ.

I think there should be no LPQ punishment for people who abandon a bot game. No one suffers from an abandonment in a bot game since a bot is also removed and it does not "ruin the game for other player," as claimed.

Edit: I would like to thank everyone who has posted in this thread for being respectful. Too often threads go down the insult lane due to difference in opinion. Thank you for not being so low.
    Last edited by SolidAsARock; 04-16-2013 at 05:25 AM.

Basic Member
    In my opinion they could remove it for difficulties below unfair only, because unfair bots don't DC to balance teams.

Basic Member
    Yes, this is true, thanks for bringing that up.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelimit View Post
    In my opinion they could remove it for difficulties below unfair only, because unfair bots don't DC to balance teams.
    I put yes, but I really mean yes, with this added stipulation.

They should at least decrease the penalty of abandonment for bot matches if they don't want to remove it

If the trolls of Dota can drop out for free if they don't get to play Mid/Drow/whatever it would lead to most bot games being 3v3 or less. I understand how it could be annoying, but still has to be a no from me.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesDrake View Post
    If the trolls of Dota can drop out for free if they don't get to play Mid/Drow/whatever it would lead to most bot games being 3v3 or less. I understand how it could be annoying, but still has to be a no from me.
    Totally understood

I'm not really expecting my post to be of influence in the game and I've made my peace being in LPQ; I just wanted to see what others think of this and maybe take a shot, you never know who might come across this post

Hi SolidAsARock,

you may give this thread a shot. At least you won't get put into low priority and you can be sure to finish your game without any interruption.

Basic Member
    I have to say No.
    People join bot games to learn, hopefully, how to play in pubs. While it is true that a bot will leave for every human that leaves, the game experience is still not the same. People won't learn how to play as well if they are constantly playing 3v3 and 4v4 games.

However, why not both?
    If Valve wanted to make a separate queue for bot games without any abandonment penalty, I'd be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Evo View Post
    Hi SolidAsARock,

you may give this thread a shot. At least you won't get put into low priority and you can be sure to finish your game without any interruption.
    I just want to modify what they said in that thread a bit (this is my way, not necessarily better, but I prefer it)

Using the console, do the following steps:
    1. dota_surrender_on_disconnect 0 (should only be needed to spectate bots, but I'm putting it just in case)
    2. map dota
    3. jointeam goodguys (to join the radiant)
    or
    jointeam badguys (to join the dire)
    or
    jointeam spec (to watch the bots fight each other, a rather fun thing to do)
    4. dota_bot_populate