Thread: [Confirmed] Nyx Assassin's Impale's range is only slightly too high now

[Confirmed] Nyx Assassin's Impale's range is only slightly too high now

Almost there...
    879 ~ 895 units away (871 + targetCollision)
    it should be 850 at most, so about 825 + targetCollision

It is 55 units too high. Not that so much as previous two states, where it was 152 too much and 115 too low...
    it's getting closer.

Where does that +55 come from, I don't really know...
    Length is set to 700, width set to 125. It should be 825. For me, possible reasons why it is happening like this can be that;
    - the impale might be starting to travel 55 units away from Nyx
    - the impale might be having an additional collision on itself, but this one is unlikely because the width of the Impale is indeed correct when I test it from sides

Yeah, my first assumption is correct. Impale is starting 55 units away in Dota 2. Found this out by checking the maximum distance it effects on the negative direction.
    If it can be changed to be 100 and the distance gets reduced by 100, everything will be exactly the same as in DotA.

In DotA, Impale
    - begins travelling 100 units away from the caster,
    - travels with 1600 ms,
    - searches for 150 AoE center-to-center, and
    - travels till the spot that is 700 units away from the caster (meaning that it travels 700 - 100 = 600 units)

So in Dota 2, if
    - Impale gets set to begin travelling 100 units away from the caster instead of the current 55,
    - the only thing that will require a change will be the "length" "700" into "length" "600"
    - rest are already the same

Basic Member
    Just going off of playdota, the AoE of Impale in WC3 DotA should be 125 not 150. Also it says distance traveled in 700 but I am not sure if that means from the caster or length of the spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffin View Post
    Just going off of playdota, the AoE of Impale in WC3 DotA should be 125 not 150. Also it says distance traveled in 700 but I am not sure if that means from the caster or length of the spikes.
    The website is not always right, ThoAppelsin reads the DotA 1 JASS code to get the right numbers, also 600 is the lenght of the spike starts 100 infront of nerubian assasin and has a search radius of 150-> range from center to center of hero at the very end is 850~
    Last edited by Kaneomanie; 03-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.

Grouping function works by searching for the centers of the units, that is why I called center-to-center 150.
    150 is not from center to edge, it is center to center.

Although Playdota is not necessarily always correct, there, it means 125 units from center to edge, which is correct for most of the units since they have 24 collision size.

Everything happens as I described, though I am describing it by simplifying it a lot.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage