Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "Tradable after"

What kind of BS is this? I bought a few divine keys the night before last, and they worked right away, my items were tradeable as well as the keys, I bought a few more last night and now it says I have to wait because I used a different CC? I wasn't even a different card, it was the same one, I just opt to not have my payment method saved, what the hell.

Basic Member
    Same issue, messing with my trading and i can't give the items to my friends.

I've been having the same problem as well, every time i buy a new key/open a chest it makes me wait 8 days exactly. Try to contact steam support like I did so they will pay more attention to the problem.

Basic Member
    Same. Just bought some new keys to trade with someone, but now I have to wait 8 days before I can trade them? This is pretty ridiculous.. There should at least be a notice of this beforehand if it's intended.

Basic Member
    Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We have implemented recent updates to our trading system to protect userís accounts and the Steam Economy.

As a result, some items may not be tradable or sold on the Community Market for 7 days after successfully making a purchase. Once 7 days elapse you will be able to trade the items purchased or sell the items on the Community Market if applicable.

Steam Support is unable to remove the trade restrictions on these items.
    I have asked what's going to happen when I'll add more credit to my account in the future since Steam doesn't always keep credit card info saved. Will update this.

Basic Member
    How exactly does applying a 7 day restriction on trades "protect" the users account? I can see how it would encourage users to buy items directly from the steam store rather than buying keys to trade for cheaper.

Basic Member
    Yeah, I don't feel "protected" at all, mostly annoyed. First, for you to login in a computer that's not yours you have to have a code that is sent to your e-mail. Som basically if someone want to hack me they have to hack my account, my e-mail and what else? And my CC sends me sms if something is purchased...
    And yeah, they could have at least warned all of us before hand. OR at least ask if the community wanted such "protection".

Basic Member
    So is this going to happen every time you add funds to your account? I see plenty of new items on the trading sites so how are they trading these items immediately - are they using steam wallet funds that have been in their account for over a week?

Valve Developer
    If you're encountering this issue and you don't think that you should, PM me a link to your Steam Community profile.

Basic Member
    Your account will not be locked or restricted, however some items may not be tradable or sold for a certain period of time depending on the purchases made.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.
    I am kind of getting upset over this... how is it possible to tell someone with a straight face that his items will be restricted without implying that it is a restriction on your account. If I can't trade stuff, buy stuff from the community market... hell if I can't do any of the things I normally would do with my account and the stuff I happen to have on it, then my account is restricted. There's no way around it.

I don't even trade, I just put some money when I see something interesting, I buy keys for a few chests and then try to get the 1-2 items I want. I won't be able to do that anymore if what I uncrate will be restricted. After 7 days these items become completely untradable, what does Valve expect? That people buy more keys?