Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the most powerful? Skywrath, Rubick, or Invoker

Dude...6 seconds silence....really?+40% more dmg if i remmember corecttly from dota 1

Quote Originally Posted by Velendro View Post
    Dude...6 seconds silence....really?+40% more dmg if i remmember corecttly from dota 1
    6 seconds silence and 36% Magical damage amplification.

Silencer. Why does everyone forget him
    Well, I wanted to bring him up, but the opening post spoke nothing of the supposed magebane of the Dota 2 universe so I kept it to myself. He isn't even technically a mage at all.

Technically speaking, it also depends on whether we allow items or not. If Skywrath has an Atos or a Scythe of Vyse and manages to either bait the Telekinesis out or get to Seal him, then Rubick is toast more likely than not. However, there is an Invoker to deal with before, so yeah.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Rubick is such a nice guy though. Why would anyone want to kill him? Lore wise though I'd have to go with Rubick. He took on several Magus at once and bested them all. I think it's implicit that if he's not THE STRONGEST caster, he is absolutely one of the best. Probably the reason he has such a small hp pool.
    Last edited by tortoos; 03-30-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Basic Member
    Rubick can learn any spell quickly but ends up losing it, Invoker mastered 10 unique spells, Dragonus can shut them both up with his seal and make his own spells stronger, not to mention his huge flare nuke. Even if Skywrath Mage is just a mage it still means that the skywrath are one hell of a strong race when it comes to spell casting.

Basic Member
    I'd say Rubick wins. Why? Because he's witty. Sure, invoker knows tons of spells and is incredibly powerful and all that biz. But he's arrogant and sticks to his own ways which he deems best. Rubick, on the other hand, strikes me as one who thinks outside the box and is therefore much more adaptable. Skywrath... I quit vanilla dota before he was released, so I can't really judge, but from what I've seen of his responses and lore, he just looks like a Bad Luck Brian to me. So my guess is, nobody would pay attention to him, and all he'd do is get mad and vow vengeance, all the while being friendzoned by Venge. Poor guy.

are we talking lore wise or what??
    Because all I see is, Silence, Silence... of course silence is the weakness to casters but that didn't stop invoker of gaining immortality and the title Arsenal Magus.
    and this Silence everyone talking about, Didn't stop Rubick from winning against a group of high mages and gaining the title Grand Magus..

Last edited by Mojahid; 03-30-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Rubick just calls his father, Aghanim.
    He will crush them.

Whoever has BKB wins. Hands down.
    If they all have BKBs, then probably Invoker.

It's hard to compare these guys only lore-wise, but it's even harder if we start considering items. While Rubick can steal any spells, he can't spam as well as Invoker, especially with Aghanim. As for Skyrwath, silence is a b***.
    Last edited by Keowee; 03-30-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojahid View Post
    are we talking lore wise or what??
    Because all I see is, Silence, Silence... of course silence is the weakness to casters but that didn't stop invoker of gaining immortality and the title Arsenal Magus.
    and this Silence everyone talking about, Didn't stop Rubick from winning against a group of high mages and gaining the title Grand Magus..
    It wasn't even mentioned that Rubick faced mages that knew how to silence. It was said he faced
    Each antagonist's spell was an unstoppable torrent of energy, and every attack a calculated killing blow.
    And it wasn't even mentioned that someone with silence fought Invoker. Where are you basing that?