Thread: Opened some chests today and all of the items are tagged as NOT Tradable.

Basic Member

Opened some chests today and all of the items are tagged as NOT Tradable.

Hello,

I am not sure if that is the proper forum to post this, neither if that is actually a bug. I opened some Crystal chests today and I got 2 Big Bad Bandanas. I decided to trade one of them ofc., but I soon found out that I can`t do it, because the item is tagged as Not Tradable. The person I tried to make trade with told me that he had similar problem with Morph items, and it was resolved in a week.

Is that some kind of bug? Or is there some period after opening chests where they are not tradable?

Basic Member
    i think keys bought in store are not tradeable for 3 days or so, and if you open a crate with them in that period of time the items will continue being untradeable until those days fullify. do you opened the chests with a key you just bought?

Basic Member
    Yes, I bought a key and opened the chest right away. Thank you for the response So I will be able to trade my item in 2 days or so from now.

Basic Member
    Not exactly sure what its officially called, but the players refer to it as a "Trusted" Account .. if you have bought lots of stuff related to Steam without issue. Usually when you buy keys on the Shop they're instantly tradable, but if your account is pretty fresh with little to no Steam Wallet transactions, you gotta wait a few days when buying stuff, and the timer transfers over to the items you unbox as well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskerish View Post
    i think keys bought in store are not tradeable for 3 days or so, and if you open a crate with them in that period of time the items will continue being untradeable until those days fullify. do you opened the chests with a key you just bought?
    I always buy the keys when I am gonna use them, and I have never had this problem at all. Also opened a couple of chests today with keys bought today and still could trade immediately.

Basic Member
    Is this a new form of payment? Generally if you add a new credit card/payment method you will need a few days to be cleared before you can trade those items, especially keys.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eck View Post
    Is this a new form of payment? Generally if you add a new credit card/payment method you will need a few days to be cleared before you can trade those items, especially keys.
    Well, I previously added funds from the same card, but didn`t save the information in the Steam account. So this time when I entered the info again, it was treated as new form of payment I guess. I do not buy stuff on regular intervals; actually last time I used the Market was in the begining of the year. So it makes sense to need few days for verification.

This happens when you buy an item from the store for the first time. I know I had this issue as I could not trade the items I bought for a few days (For me, it was written at the bottom of the description of when I can trade them). So don't worry, you'll be able to trade it soon. And when you do your next purchase, you won't have to wait anymore

*Know this only from my experience .. Has a possibility of there being another reason