Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guy sells items for money without using the market

Guy sells items for money without using the market

Basic Member
    nice job, this evidence is irrefutable

Basic Member
    Actually it's quite legal, since it's YOUR item not Valve's.

Basic Member
    I was the victim of an extortion, he asked me to give him some new items as free or he will report me.
    I told he can do anything he can. then U can see this post is there.
    let me know if I have made ​​a mistake.
    Thanks

Basic Member
    If not, let close this post and detele my Steam link in there.
    Thanks MOD

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruscris2 View Post
    This is bait

Except it's not your item, Valve simply gives you the ability to use those items.

Valve could easily pick a random person on Steam and remove all their games and ingame items and there's not anything they could do about it. (Aside from making a court case)

It's not legal, theoretically the item is his but there are limits to what he can do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    I was the victim of an extortion, he asked me to give him some new items as free or he will report me.
    I told he can do anything he can. then U can see this post is there.
    let me know if I have made ​​a mistake.
    Thanks
    AH, what an innocent victim. You only tried to make money illegally off of the developer's hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by warren View Post
    If not, let close this post and detele my Steam link in there.
    Thanks MOD
    Your Steam link is public, i can put it on my signature if i want and i suggest this thread should not be deleted since it raises awareness to backhand thieves that break the game terms of agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    nice job, this evidence is irrefutable
    The "evidence" is not credible as a picture cannot prove anything but it can be tested for photoshop and the chat logs can be verified. I take full responsibility that the picture is not fake.

After he mentioned that he wants money through paypal for it i said "trade me one and i wont report you", nothing wrong here.

He is NOT allowed to sell items outside the market because that's not in any way profitable for the developer team.

Moreover he received them as a "gift"( he has like 20 of them ) and he's selling them for money via paypal transaction. The only legal way he can get real money for the item is to market the item, a process through which the developer team has some benefit.

Basic Member
    i was being sarcastic and you're wrong anyways. if the item stays in the market (not the dota auction house) then valve doesn't profit OR lose from a trade under the table. it would only be detrimental to them if the item exited the economy.

Basic Member
    a +$1000 item with 30% tax would make the buyer have to pay and extra +$428, I am sure not in a position to say but I think that it would be detrimental for valve to enforce a market monopoly as item sales will become quite stale. The best place to use the market for both parties is for mid priced items where the tax is big but payable.

I am also sure that there are multiple trading sites that help people make these trades by being middlemen in the exchange, this is not a one off

EDIT: Bribe or report should definitely be punishable under the SCAM label.
    Last edited by TehCube; 04-03-2013 at 01:06 AM.