Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I continously get 6-8 hour low priority for basically nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by vladhood View Post
    someone who says "if you disagree with me, go fuck yourself" being in low priority seems to me that its working as intended
    gotta agree with vladhood. LPQ and report system is working. If you legitimately don't flame you won't get LPQ. I tried it, and guess what I have 0 LPQ. I play solo all the time, with people who think they know the game better than me (whether they do or not is irrelevant), who report me for not playing my hero their way. And guess what? I respond politely or not at all, and when I can no longer be polite I mute them and end the conversation. flaming someone even if they are bad is never justified. There are 0 legitimate reasons to flame. Just don't do it. Ever. It doesn't help your team. All it will do is get you some justified time in LPQ.

TLDR: Dont flame = 0 LPQ, it's as simple as that
    I've tried it over the course of my ~700 games, and I have yet to receive a single hour of LPQ time. The report system works

A bunch of people have said they would report me aswell but nothing ever happened yet. So just playing normally and acting nice to others pays off.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuster Cluck View Post
    gotta agree with vladhood. LPQ and report system is working. If you legitimately don't flame you won't get LPQ. I tried it, and guess what I have 0 LPQ. I play solo all the time, with people who think they know the game better than me (whether they do or not is irrelevant), who report me for not playing my hero their way. And guess what? I respond politely or not at all, and when I can no longer be polite I mute them and end the conversation. flaming someone even if they are bad is never justified. There are 0 legitimate reasons to flame. Just don't do it. Ever. It doesn't help your team. All it will do is get you some justified time in LPQ.

TLDR: Dont flame = 0 LPQ, it's as simple as that
    I've tried it over the course of my ~700 games, and I have yet to receive a single hour of LPQ time. The report system works
    Thats exactly what I'm thinking. I find myself flaming from time to time too but thats very rare and I know its bad to flame, no matter what reason you think you have.
    Just don't respond to flaming, but no talking at all is bad too! For example when a game starts and we try to arrange the lanes and somebody just runs to a lane but refuses to communicate at all, thats a reason for me to report him. Even if it doesn't give me anything ... I hate games with zero communication :P

i just got low priority for nothing, today i played normally, didnt flame..................... i just finished a game with storm spirit, normal 25 min game, won it, didnt even use chat only allies to tell team where to gank, game ended im in 10 hour low priority ))))) i love this f*cking game

bro, i didnt flame, i played a game without doing anything but winning it and im in 10 hour low prio again )))))))))))

Maybe you are in low priority for a game you flamed in some days ago, but the punishment came late because they had to review the reports.

The system works, and if you flame people for being bad, you drive away players who could get good if only you would approach them in another manner.
    You deserve your low priority, so just try to manner up and stop whining. :3

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fivemandota View Post
    bro, i didnt flame, i played a game without doing anything but winning it and im in 10 hour low prio again )))))))))))
    Since you apparently don't understand how the system works and can't seem to read and comprehend the responses you've been getting, you'll be getting more LPQ.

LP is retroactive, if you were reported, say, 5 days ago, THAT punishment will be instated today, and reports received today (if any) will reinstate your LP OR add to your current LP timer, if validated. Also, once you're in LP system, if you're a repeat offender, you get to be in the auto LP pool with other numbskulls like yourself who, when reported, just get more time tacked on to their current.

I suggest you shape up and play nicely or you'll be in LP indefinitely.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viandante View Post
    Maybe you are in low priority for a game you flamed in some days ago, but the punishment came late because they had to review the reports.

The system works, and if you flame people for being bad, you drive away players who could get good if only you would approach them in another manner.
    You deserve your low priority, so just try to manner up and stop whining. :3
    SO THEN
    Are you trying to say I got LPP in this match not because I completely stomped the enemy team, but because Gabe Newell got online, saw a report and reviewed it, saw that I told the enemy team, and I quote, "buy detection" after about 15 kills in going 100% unopposed, and thought that it was the most offensive, banworthy thing ever? Or maybe the report system's automated and abusable.

If you would like, I'll invite you to a game and have my friends report you for intentional feeding with the comment saying "this is a false report, please ignore" and see if you get a week's worth of LPP from the dozens of reports or not.

Or you can quit believing that Gaben actually goes over the reports. I mean pudge alone has five thousand years of gameplay on him on dota 2. If only 1 in every 100 matches had reports for pudges feeding/abusing hooks/abusing voice, that would be fifty years worth of reports for valve to watch replays of to verify. I know they say they review reports, and I say it's bogus and unachievable to do so. They don't even have time to post a single staff reply in the 200 pages of LPP negative feedback thread that's stickied.

Basic Member
    if its less than 12 hours, its not because people reported, you mustve afk in some games

Reports are non-expedient.