Thread: [Fixed] Beastmaster's Wild Axes are not unit targetable << should be

[Fixed] Beastmaster's Wild Axes are not unit targetable << should be

They aren't unit targetable
    they should be

Example case:
    You are just reborn as a Beastmaster, press Q for your Wild Axes, right click on your map to the bottom lane to pan over there, you spot the drow ranger there, left click on her and lay on your back. ~45 seconds later you hurl your axes to there from 1200 units afar, but nobody is there. You have wasted your Wild Axes...
    poor rex...

Or, okay this one will be a serious example, you are fighting against a Riki. Riki thinks he's so pro. He is ~500 units afar, has 200ish hp, you have about 100. His plan is to make you waste your Wild Axes, dodge it by blinkstriking towards you, hitting you once and then falling back a little as the axes come back. Then hit you once again and you are dead.
    You, as Beastmaster, cast the Wild Axes right upon the Riki, so if he does anything funny like, you know, blinking towards you, Axes shall get hurled upon him nevertheless. But nooo, it doesn't happen, because you couldn't target him, but you've targeted the ground. Thanks Valve, and poor rex...

Note that once the axes are hurled, they shall not change their direction, no such thing, they are not homing. The last example shall only have a difference if the Riki blinkstrikes before Beastmaster begins hurling his axes.

Basic Member
    also
    check wild axes travel path, its complitely wrong

I also think like that, but it is too late for me for today.
    Tomorrow I will

Basic Member
    Isn't this the same as this bug: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=8773 ?

Isn't this more of a balance issue, and something that you as a player should account for when using your abilities?

Just aim it.

Basic Member
    Nah.. not only a matter of skill for example fissure was a surefire to hit when targetclicked on a blinkhero. Can't do that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by wochie View Post
    Isn't this more of a balance issue, and something that you as a player should account for when using your abilities?

Just aim it.
    It was possible in Dota 1 and has to be possible in Dota 2. You CAN'T aim at blinking objects, if they blink during your cast animation. Unit casted skills follow, ground doesn't
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

See, this is what happens when I do not provide the jass...

Code:
    01  function Func1561 takes nothing returns nothing
    02    local unit loc_unit01=GetTriggerUnit()
    03    local real loc_real01=GetUnitX(loc_unit01)
    04    local real loc_real02=GetUnitY(loc_unit01)
    05    local real loc_real03=GetLocationX(GetSpellTargetLoc())
    06    local real loc_real04=GetLocationY(GetSpellTargetLoc())
    07    local unit loc_unit02=CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(loc_unit01),'e01T',loc_real01,loc_real02,270.0)
    08    local unit loc_unit03=CreateUnit(GetOwningPlayer(loc_unit01),'e01T',loc_real01,loc_real02,270.0)
    09    local integer loc_integer01
    10    local integer loc_integer02
    11    local timer loc_timer01=CreateTimer()
    12    local timer loc_timer02=CreateTimer()
    13    if GetSpellTargetUnit()!=null then
    14      set loc_real03=GetUnitX(GetSpellTargetUnit())
    15      set loc_real04=GetUnitY(GetSpellTargetUnit())
    16    endif
    [...]
    This function handles the setup for Wild Axes.
    loc_real03 and loc_real04 are used for the point that Wild Axes to get hurled at, as you may see, it checks for the X and Y of the targeted unit in case there is a targeted unit.
    And the skill Wild Axes (A0O1) allows targeting air and ground units, when it could just allow terrain instead if that was desired.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage