Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why we can't invite more than 5 players to our dota team?

Basic Member

Why we can't invite more than 5 players to our dota team?

Hi

it's really bad. if i want delete and invite someone else to my team the team rank will restart.
    what is the problem if i have a team with 10 member?!

You should be ONE team, not TWO teams.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    ^ This isn't a mmo guild, it's a 5 man game, I could see maybe just having a slot for a 6th man for standins for tournaments while still activating the team's logos/banners, but other than that it should just be for the roster. Just make multiple teams if you need to invite different people to team matchmaking....it's not hard, I'm on like 15 different teams.

we should be able to add 1 or 2 backup players.
    MISCHIEF. MAYHEM. SOAP.

I still fail to see the problem with more then 5 players in a team, especially usefull for clans who just enjoy to play with each other and don't want to have a team for every single possible combination of players playing at the same time. Not like you would get free cookies for being in a team so why make a ban to the cookie machine instead of letting everyone be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneomanie View Post
    I still fail to see the problem with more then 5 players in a team, especially usefull for clans who just enjoy to play with each other and don't want to have a team for every single possible combination of players playing at the same time. Not like you would get free cookies for being in a team so why make a ban to the cookie machine instead of letting everyone be happy?
    That's not how a team works. Do you realy wonder why it is not possible to replace the entire team while having the same rating? 1-2 backup players might be acceptable, but even this already changes the outcome of games drasticly. It's simply not the same team.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

That's not how a team works. Do you realy wonder why it is not possible to replace the entire team while having the same rating? 1-2 backup players might be acceptable, but even this already changes the outcome of games drasticly. It's simply not the same team.
    You could make an individual rating for every single roaster possible within the team without the players being required to make a new team for every roaster.

This would mean 252 different possible ratings (5 people out of 10). Teams are not ment to be a "I play with my friend"-rating. You can do so, you got a friendlist. Teams are teams and should be treated as such. Like a said, 1-2 backup players might be ok (while 2 already make a big difference), but that's it imo.

This would mean 252 different possible ratings (5 people out of 10). Teams are not ment to be a "I play with my friend"-rating. You can do so, you got a friendlist. Teams are teams and should be treated as such. Like a said, 1-2 backup players might be ok (while 2 already make a big difference), but that's it imo.
    Making 252 teams would mean 252 ratings and teams in the database (not that it would ever happen), which would take more space. Considering you wouldn't save any statistics of roaster compositions which did not play yet together and that it would be unlikly that all 252 possibilities ever get played the dataload would stay withing limits. But I understand your reluctance to make the team option more casual-player friendly and increasing the data stored on valve server, yet I fail to see how the majority of players benefit from the rating system this way.

Basic Member
    hahaha lol i dont want create 15 team... spamming you mean? in this case i think we can invite friends to party.
    we need atleast 2 or 3 backup slot for team.
    what's the problem?