Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Team Banner not displaying properly

Basic Member

Team Banner not displaying properly

Hello,
    I have created a team and subsequently a team logo, banner, etc.
    Unfortunately whenever I apply my team, in a custom lobby, banners, base logo and etc. are only displayed if I am the only one on my side - Radiant or Dire.
    Regardless whether I play with bots or people, if there is more than one "player" on the side, on which I have applied my team, all the banners and the base logo are the default ones.
    If a game is started and only one player is on the side with the applied team the logos appear as they should, if the game starts with 2 or more players on that side, the logos are default but if all, save for one, regardless of whether it is me, leave the game - the logos appear. o.0
    The same problem exists for my friends, they also cannot see a logo if we are two or more people on the same side.

This is quite a peculiar and pesky problem for me.

Basic Member
    If a player hasn't restarted the game after the banner has been changed the banner won't be shown. Just let everybody restart the game and try again.

Basic Member
    No, all people I have played with have started their client after I have set the team banner. Also I said that if I play with bots the same occurs, I do believe bots restart their games regularly. ;P

Basic Member
    In addition I tried it again with a friend - we were the only ones on the Radiant side and a bot on the Dire. When my friend connected first he said the banners displayed properly, but when I connected they disappeared and neither of us could see them. As I have said before, later when he disconnected the banners appeared.

Curiously enough, if I play alone on my team - with no bots added, only one to the Dire side, I can see the banners, however if I use the cheat "-createhero somehero" the banners disappear when the new hero is created.

Basic Member
    So, what, NO ONE else is having the same problem?

Has anyone even tried it?

Basic Member
    Just a quick question. Both you and your friend is on the team being used? I'll try it out when I got some time.

Basic Member
    Yes, we both are.

The reason I am so surprised is that it does not seem the problem is isolated to me, but my friend contacts, as well.

Although if there are some more delicate and specific rules and regulations for team banners, that could be it. My team banners are all the same random *.png file.

Basic Member
    While I understand the thread is from last week, I wanted to say that I also share the same problem as the OP. Connecting by myself lets me see my banners, but as soon as a bot is added (or a second player plays with me) the images disappear. I was assuming it was a bug that would be worked out.

Basic Member
    Just chiming in to add that I also experience this bug. If I load a lobby as a team game with *only* myself in it, the banners and base logo load fine. However; if I spawn in a bot (-createhero w/e) the images immediately reset to default.

hi
    same problem