Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New scoreboard concept

Basic Member

New scoreboard concept

1. Why do we need a new one?
    Because it takes much time to find information in current one. The reason is that team-hero bar is horizontal, which makes sense and we get used to it that way. So when we need to check if someone is alive or some if our ally has ultimate ready we look to the top of screen and find him easily.
    Now what happens if we need to check someone's level? We open scoreboard which shows us same team-hero list but vertical. So it takes a bit of time to find desired hero.
    2. Concept.
    I won't talk much will just attach a pic here. The idea is to make scoreboard horizontal. (This thread is not about my photoshop skillz or w/e)
    Scorebar.jpg
    The idea is to remove all useless information. Here is the list of really usefull information to put in scoreboard:
    > Hero level (Minimap color optional)
    > Ultimate status
    > K/D/A
    > Gold amount
    Things that are really usefull, but are not implemented in current scoreboard:
    > Creepstats: LH/D (I know that it was removed intentionally, but it is actually usefull thing for team to know)
    > Buyback status

What should not be shown here:
    > Player names. Because that information is useless. Dota is not about nicknames anyway. If u want to commend/report someone, wait till game ends and then do it. This will decrease amount of reports, because in many cases ppl get reported for one mistake, while they do fine the rest of the game.
    > Player's avatars. No comments.
    > Hero names. Anyone who plays dota for more than a month already knows all heroes by their icons, so this is useless as well.
    > Any kind of statistic information (gpm/xpm).

Since it will remove revive timer this bar will need to have special field for that too.

3. How to activate?
    I see the most convinient way to activate it is to hover mouse over it. But this works only if you dont scroll map using edge pan, but middle mouse. Still having this as an option would be very nice.

Basic Member
    I like the concept, but not the #3. Hovering would be terrible - most of the players use edge pan.

However, right now the scoreboard opens with a hotkey. It could be kept that way.

I also dislike the concept of not showing player avatars. Come on, there is no need to make them hard to see!

Basic Member
    The idea is to make it as small as possible, because it is in the middle of the screen, so every pixel matters. About hovering it would be nice option for some people, or maybe move the scoreboard toggle button to the day/night indicator.

The point is that there are many solutions how to make it better, but it should become horizontal, so its easier to use it.

+1
    Except by #3, as Zeph explained.

I like how it is.So I would add this in settings like choose for people, how they want scoreboard to show.

Basic Member
    Would be great as an option, though i wouldn't replace the old one completely since it simply has more information and a better place on the screen.
    I'd rather see this as a small overview for the most important details and if it is small enough and transparent you could also keep it on the screen for longer than just a brief moment.
    A seperate keybinding for this would be great, maybe also to toggle it on or off not to keep it up as long as it's pressed. I'd imagine this much like the little stat overviews for spectators you can toggle on the upper left side of the screen.
    I'd definitely use your overview, but i personally think your concept is already too big, especially if you have a smaller screen resolution. Maybe put k/d/a in one line with slashes, leave the mute button for the big overview, make the green diamond smaller and try to keep a maximum of 2-3 lines i'd say
    Last edited by Caopi; 04-11-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Basic Member
    I totally agree with you. The quality of my pic is limited due to lack of time and/or photoshop skillz. What I want is people to discuss this concept so more talented forum users make it to perfection and this to be implemented as soon as possible.

Basic Member
    I like it but don`t agree with point 3.
    Perhaps it could be a bit more translucent ,because it is quite big,and I don`t get to see whats behind it ,say when I`m being attacked.
    In the clear area between teams ,maybe add the 3d Dota2 logo?

This could be an option in the settings menu because not everyone might take a liking to it.
    Options/Settings - Game - Scoreboard : -Vertical / horizontal.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mynamesranonymous View Post
    I like it but don`t agree with point 3.
    Perhaps it could be a bit more translucent ,because it is quite big,and I don`t get to see whats behind it ,say when I`m being attacked.
    In the clear area between teams ,maybe add the 3d Dota2 logo?

This could be an option in the settings menu because not everyone might take a liking to it.
    Options/Settings - Game - Scoreboard : -Vertical / horizontal.
    +1. I would like to choose between vertical or horizontal scoreboard.

Basic Member
    Sorry didn`t read other people comments.
    Perhaps scale it smaller ,just viewable but when hovering over any one`s stats that section snaps bigger?
    Also agree that it could be toggle quick-key.