Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Creeps Talking

I like the idea, but only for the Lane creeps. And still, not for now, Valve has too much stuff to do.
    Too lazy to write something with any sense. That's why i spam this here: My DevianArt account, my YouTube Channel, and my Steam Account.

Basic Member
    So what happens when you attack stacked neutral camps? You get a supermarket's worth of voice or something?

Banned
    Consider what blash365 said it maybe best for to go by Papps idea. As sound is key more then we think but maybe for people to know who is talking they have to always say something about the Radiant or Dire so that way it can easily be put together. I mean I believe you can already hear them actually fight with the sound of their weapons hitting and that didn't seem to be a problem so your concerns maybe null blash.

@Badassfreemen - Well currently they are on vacation :P but yeah this wouldn't be a needed thing to add right away.

@Hyperion101 - Although I think it would personally be hilarious if they all started to all talk at once I can't say everyone would feel the same as I have a strange taste in humor. Maybe just have one line where all of them at once says "GET HIM" or nothing at all.

Basic Member
    First of all, its not 101, its 1-capital letter O-1.

On topic, if they talked at the same time, they'd be like Spectre.

They should have squeals or something when they die. A baby-like squeal when kobolds die or something so bad you'd think the centaur was farting instead of dying.

Basic Member Justinian of Hattes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion1O1 View Post
    First of all, its not 101, its 1-capital letter O-1.
    Off topic myself, but all I think of when I see your name is Hyperion from Borderlands.

ANYWAY, it's a decent idea, but I feel it would create some major and unpleasant noise pollution from all the damn creeps just jawing it while you are doing your job.

"I'm all for moderation, but sometimes it seems, moderation itself can be a kind of extreme."

Banned
    It be a rare speech just like hearing some of the rare lines for certain characters.

Basic Member
    for the record, i was talking about lane creeps only. jungle creeps need nothing.

Banned
    I'm aware :P It was a good lane creep idea though I like the idea of the jungle creeps saying something once in awhile. Jungle can get boring lol.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dran View Post
    I don't know if has been brought up before or not but the creeps should talk from time to time in game not a lot mind you just every so often. As in the comics they do talk and even express some sort of kin ship with one another as well as anyone allied with them. Here are some examples of what they can say.

Dire/Radiant Creeps

First Wave - Brothers we shall slaughter the Dire Pigs! (Radiant Rodents)

Being Pulled - Look over there spies! GET THEM!

New Wave arriving to help previous wave - We come comrade / To our kin's defense (taken from comic)

Seeing Lich - Shh... the Lich comes pray he doesn't devour you!

Natures Profit/Brood/Chen/Enchantress - Bring us allies to aid us! *

Courier Goes by - Don't Dran the courier (I always get the courier accidentally killed in almost all my games so much so my friends reference me to when a courier dies)*

Neutral Creeps

Mud Golems - Mwuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yABAQO411Tw Reference)*

Red Satyr - This is my pack! *

Centaur - GET OUT! *

Troll Camp - LEAVE OR WE BANISH YOU! / REPORTED / WERE MAD! / GIVE US MONEY! *

Rosh - If we want Rosh to talk dunno how I feel about it *

Killing Ursa - You should of stayed in the Jungle *

Killing Lone Druid - Two against one? You should of brought more! *

Helm of the Dominator Conversionpeople usually shouldnt convert lane creeps, unless you are going for a base race, and even then its kind of pointless, but if you do, then most of these responses seem fine

Creeps -

I will fight by your side my Lord!

I have seen the error of my ways.

By your side!

Neutrals -

Whirl Winds - KAWWW, MINE!? *

Centaurs - We shall stomp them

Trolls - Lets net 'em *

And things would just go on like that it's just a brief example. Of what they could say granted I'm probably not that good at writing lines. If you have any good lines just feel free to post them and if they are good I will add them to the list.
    Marked what i disliked with *, I cant give out constructive criticism on all of them, but ill just say that some felt like an inside joke, no one would get, and others would get annoying once you heard them a few times (the response), but some can still be repeated, and i think will be really good, for example the pull, or backup responses would be nice
    Last edited by Velo; 04-11-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Banned
    Well I'll address each one of your concerns Velo

First every line would be a rare line. You'd here it once every 3 or 4 games. So spam is not going to be a concern. Now for the red starts that you think are an inside joke they will go in order in which they appear.

1. All these Hero's spawn creeps thus help pushing the lane not a joke just what happens.

2. 100% inside and something I'd like personally added for me since I brought up the suggestion.

3. It is a reference so it can be consider an inside joke but I provided the link to a rather funny video. I suggest watching it if you didn't already.

4. and 5. Just random chat not an inside joke at all.

6. Just something trolls says see troll warlords lines.

7. That isn't a line its me asking if Rosh should even get a voice or should stay as a silent monster that just roars.

8. Ursa jungles a lot just a reference to him only leaving the jungle to go rosh.

9. Don't what you don't get about this one tbh. Lone Druid summons a bear to help him fight when he goes to kill Rosh and Rosh would say he needed to bring more people.

10. Nothing special about Kaww mine is a reference to finding nemo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4BNbHBcnDI

11. Just stating what he does.

I hope this helps a bit