Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Creeps Talking

Yup.

First of all, don't make "Dran the courier" a thing... it'll only encourage him to hear the game talk about him and it happens way too often as it is...

Honestly one of the things I love about DotA 2 is the addition of little aesthetic bonuses like the hero banter when various events happen. Talking creeps would be no more distracting than that and a nice little touch. Ursa already taunts Roshan the instant he combines a Vlad's, I think it would be hilarious if he actually failed to kill him and Roshan taunted him back. Same for Lycan or Lone Druid. While on that subject I think it would cool if Dire killed Roshan but the Radiant picked up the Aegis and that hero commented about it towards the other team.
    Anyway, even without being able to change the frequency of creep chatter (there isn't a setting for hero banter) I don't think it would be a distraction at all. It would only be expanding the depth of gameplay by adding that little something extra, that one more layer of polish. I definitely support adding something like this eventually.
    Btw, I think it would be way too funny if Doom walked towards a jungle camp for the first time in a game and the camp freaked out and said "Don't eat us!" If that was a silent update and it happened to me I'd laugh so hard I'd shoot milk out of my nose.

Banned
    Thank you Hobbs for everything but the first comment don't let people know my business!

Banned
    I also think I have a bigger idea from this that I will post later when I have it all worked out.

No, creeps shouldn't talk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixclaw View Post
    No, creeps shouldn't talk.
    But they already do in the tutorial as well as in the comic. Any reason why they shouldn't talk or just general dislike.

if it would not distract from actual gameplay +1

Banned
    Death Sounds would also be a plus