Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Creeps Talking

Banned

Creeps Talking

I don't know if has been brought up before or not but the creeps should talk from time to time in game not a lot mind you just every so often. As in the comics they do talk and even express some sort of kin ship with one another as well as anyone allied with them. Here are some examples of what they can say.

Dire/Radiant Creeps

First Wave - Brothers we shall slaughter the Dire Pigs! (Radiant Rodents)

Being Pulled - Look over there spies! GET THEM!

New Wave arriving to help previous wave - We come comrade / To our kin's defense (taken from comic)

Seeing Lich - Shh... the Lich comes pray he doesn't devour you!

Natures Profit/Brood/Chen/Enchantress - Bring us allies to aid us!

Courier Goes by - Don't Dran the courier (I always get the courier accidentally killed in almost all my games so much so my friends reference me to when a courier dies)

Neutral Creeps

Mud Golems - Mwuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yABAQO411Tw Reference)

Red Satyr - This is my pack!

Centaur - GET OUT!

Troll Camp - LEAVE OR WE BANISH YOU! / REPORTED / WERE MAD! / GIVE US MONEY!

Rosh - If we want Rosh to talk dunno how I feel about it

Killing Ursa - You should of stayed in the Jungle

Killing Lone Druid - Two against one? You should of brought more!

Helm of the Dominator Conversion

Creeps -

I will fight by your side my Lord!

I have seen the error of my ways.

By your side!

Neutrals -

Whirl Winds - KAWWW, MINE!?

Centaurs - We shall stomp them out

Trolls - Lets net 'em

And things would just go on like that it's just a brief example. Of what they could say granted I'm probably not that good at writing lines. If you have any good lines just feel free to post them and if they are good I will add them to the list.
    Last edited by Dran; 04-11-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Basic Member
    I say no, it would be unneccessary back noise, and could make you miss important stuff. Also, who says they even have speaking capabilities lore wise?

The lane creeps are just crazy mad moon spawn, and the jungle creeps are just monsters.

Banned
    I agree with the back noise issue and addressed that by having it happen maybe once or twice a game maybe slightly more if you wanna change the settings that makes talk a lot more. Either way it wouldn't be played constantly as you had in your mind.

Creeps do talk in lore maybe you should of clicked the link I put in?
    http://www.dota2.com/comics/are_we_heroes_yet/37/

There are trolls, centaurs and Ursa creeps all in the jungle to say they can't talk but Ursa, Centaur Warrunner and Troll Warlord do talk. So we can't just can't toss it off to the side as "they are monsters" because half of the heros in game are just monster.

Basic Member
    don't forget the tutorial/dk quest you are talking to creeps at the start.

Banned
    Good call there Gerardionie

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dran View Post
    creeps should talk from time to time in game
    while i dont agree with them talking, they should be noisy.

Maybe add little whoops and hollers of battle, since for them this fight is a bloody massacre on both sides. If you really want talking, make it inaudible, as if they are talking to one-another and you arent part of that convo, but you can hear murmurs and such. Maybe a little collective cheer when they push down a tower. It would really add something to make them more alive...

that being said, i dont know if valve wants the creeps to have any life as they are constant being slaughtered. Adding a personality would make them more than just faceless mobs to be killed. Would you play mario if after stomping on a koopa trooper, you can additionally watch him crawl desperately for home? wishing only to see his koopa wife and kids one last time before his body finally gives out, and he dies cold and alone on a 2d wasteland at the hands of some mad Italian.

If nothing else i would think this might raise the Rating of the game.

Conclusion: do it anyway, itd be awesome

Banned
    I can agree with you although I'd like to hear them (note not hero's level of audio) it could be distracting however I could deal with it. If they wouldn't go for my idea Papp I would really like them to go for your idea make them have their own thing going on. Also maybe if you use helm of the dominator on them they talk to you as well?

Also that would make me want me to play mario more :P

Basic Member
    the problem with this is that you will most likely not identify the creeps when you hear them talking.
    it is very hard to pick up who is currently talking if you dont hook it up somehow, idealy with a player action.

while i like the idea behind this suggestion, i dont think that many people will actually notice that and i am afraid that the majority will just think "who is talking right now? is there a new hero?".
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    while i like the idea behind this suggestion, i dont think that many people will actually notice that and i am afraid that the majority will just think "who is talking right now? is there a new hero?".
    yea, this is what i think most people would say about it. but keep the creep sounds to just noise and distant chatter and i cant imagine that it'd would be confusing. Especially if the creeps never stopped being audible, like a constant din of battle. The hero's voice would boom over the little pawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dran View Post
    Also that would make me want me to play mario more :P
    yea but i think me and you are minority there lol