Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ogre Magi Ally Lines

Ogre Magi Ally Lines

In my opinion, Ogre Magi has one of the best voice sets in all of Dota 2. The way that the voice actor and lines capture the dual-personality of the Hero is spot on. While looking through the Ogre Magi responses on the wiki, I noticed that he does not have any Ally lines. This got me thinking; who would ogre have ally lines with?

Some possibilities:
    Troll warlord
    This is my favorite possibility. I like to think that Troll Warlord would be like the boss of their 2 man squad. I imagine that Troll Warlord would be the kind of creature that is strong and bossy enough that Ogre Magi would just fall in line behind him. Lines like "Hey Boss" or "Follow the Boss!" would be fitting. Troll Warlord is a total ass, but Ogre Magi is dumb enough to stick around. Think like those two guys from Home Alone or something :P. Additionally, in most "fantasy" lore, trolls and ogres are somewhat similar so it would not be surprising to see these two together.

Jakiro
    Two heads are better than one, a mentality that Ogre Magi believes strongly in.

Alchemist
    The big guy that makes up Alchemist looks like an ogre. Also, the fact that there is a little guy on top gives another two-headed illusion. Perhaps Ogre Magi could express confusion towards what Alchemist is. "Does it have two heads?" "Look that Little one has a body!" "Whys he got feet around his neck?" etc. are possibilities.

Chaos Knight
    Another Hero that relies on "pure skill". Alchemist could say things like "I'll show you skill" or "Let me show you how lucky we are" or something along these lines. Possibly lines when CK makes a 3 or 4 second stun; "He's good" "oh look at how good he is!" etc.

Faceless Void
    Faceless should cause confusion with Ogre Magi. (Low Pitch Head)"Wheres 'is face at?" (High Pitch Head)" He 'asnt got one!" Their skill sets mesh well which is why I have included Faceless here (I guess any right click hero meshes well with Ogre's bloodlust). I'm not sure what lines should go here but the relationship is food for thought.

I think the addition of lines like these would really flesh-out the character and secure it's position as one of the best voices of Dota 2. Anyone else have some suggestions or thoughts?
    Last edited by Hive; 04-15-2013 at 06:46 AM.

I think other possibilities for natural allies include the other trolls like Batrider and Dazzle. Is Witch Doctor a troll? Pugna and Ogre Magi seem like they might get along as well.

Basic Member
    The Alch, Troll and Jak interactions are perfect.

Not too much of a fan of the others though, to be honest.

Basic Member
    If anything, Troll Warlord should rage and/or threaten to quit if he gets Ogre Magi on the lane, and the magi should respond something along the lines of "Why is he all cranky?".
    And with Alchemist, they already acknowledge his "mount" as an ogre, so they should probably comment abot that (eg. Squeaky: "I don't know why, but his guy looks strange..." ---> Retard: "Hey! His other head is on his BACK!").

Another possibility could be Lina. Retard: "She's hot!" ---> Squeaky: "Stop it! It's not polite to stare!" Lina would, of course, be totally oblivious to them.

Anyway, in my opinion, it would really be funny if most heroes just went "Oh man, not these guys again..." (or something to that effect) after getting laned with Ogre.

Basic Member
    these suggestions are gold

Basic Member
    Meeting Alch
    Sqeeky: We dont need noone bossing us around!
    Dumbo: I got you for that.

Meeting Io
    Dumbo: He's shiiiny, can we keep him?

Meeting Invoker
    Dumbo: NEEEERD!
    Squeeky: Heeheehee!

Meeting Tusk
    Squeeky/both: Snowball Fight!

Meeting Naga Siren
    both/either: Sing us a lullaby!

" Bloodseeker
    Dumbo: [uncomfortably] I'm haemophobic
    Squeeky: What does that mean?!
    Dumbo: Don't know..

" Tiny
    Squeeky: Stone Giant!?
    Dumbo: He's Tiny!

" Clockwerk
    Dumbo: Hey, what time is it?
    Squeeky: Why would he know?!

Wow great stuff nnog! I really think this hero's voice and character allows for some great lines for allies instead the same old "<hero name>, <some random line>" formula.

Basic Member
    I agree he always makes me laugh,perhaps randomly he could ask allies where they bought that shiny thing,implying to an unnamed item.or refer to Tango`s as squirrel bait.

Basic Member
    nnog great work

Basic Member
    i will love to have an ogre magi announcer.