Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dire courier blocking the shop

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Repoman View Post
    Who seriously drags items? Dragging items in and of itself is hamperign your gameplay because it's a "tedious" waste of time. Instead of dragging your mouse all the way from your inventory to the shopkeeper, right click and then proceed to BARELY move your mouse to the sell button.

If you want to complain about something hampering your gameplay, complain about your own methods hampering your play.
    I can drag sell items faster than you right clicking an item and sell it. Who seriously drag items? Me. Someone who plays better and has faster hands than you.

Basic Member

seconded

I just wanted to second this complaint, I've encountered this irritation periodically over the past year and some. While I usually rely on the HUD icon, when I am at spawn I occasionally try to click the shop unit (I suppose it's an old habit from years of playing DoTA 1), and for Dire this usually means I select the flying courier instead. Once selected, easily enough I move the courier so I can click the shop as intended, but then my purchases go to the recently selected courier, instead of my hero. Then I have to tell the courier to deliver items, and this draws out an otherwise instantaneous purchase into a several second delay and monopolization of the courier. It just seems unnecessary, when a slight adjustment to courier or shop position could easily negate the issue.

Basic Member
    People drag items to do stuff? What a waste of time.., I hope I get matched against you, easy win - you will be dragging your iron wood branches to sell them while the rest of us have left the fountain and farmed a wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupil View Post
    People drag items to do stuff? What a waste of time.., I hope I get matched against you, easy win - you will be dragging your iron wood branches to sell them while the rest of us have left the fountain and farmed a wave.
    Many pro players like Dendi or Sing dragged items before. If you f.e. run towards your base you can drag the item onto the shop before you enter the selling zone. You'll sell the item asap. No player could do this faster.

Also many DotA players are used to the wc3 shop system. That's why dragging stuff could be more intuitive to them.

dragging the items to sell them can be really good because it automatically sells them at max range and then you can shift que the fastest way for other stuff.
    you can workaround that if you move the camera to the top left so they chicken doesnt block the vision or just send the chicken towards lane at shop max range.

but i still agree that this is a bit annoying

Valve, please change the default spawn position of flying chick

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by block View Post
    What an interesting response and how political of you! You imply that anyone can fix this bug, but you cant do it because it doesnt bother you. Please tell us how!
    When you press the button, it tells the courier to go at coordinates {x,y}. If you want it to move a bit to the left where it no longer blocks the shop, you just put it into {x+?,y}. I don't think it's more than changing the values of the coordinate variable, unless they've used some other not-as-obvious way to code that function into the game. Naturally he can't do it, because he doesn't happen to have the access to the game's source code.

Hell, I could even make my own macro for that, by pressing a selected key it would then select courier, move the mouse to the right location at the minimap, and right click at that location. The only real difference there is is that it would move the mouse pointer over at the minimap, but the macro could easily be adjusted for better user preferences, i.e reselect hero and move the pointer to the middle of your screen immediately afterwards.