Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dire courier blocking the shop

Basic Member

Dire courier blocking the shop

This isn't a shop interface complaint but it's something I hear complaints about from every player I know, and it's commented once or twice every game were on the Dire side. So I made a profile here just so I can finalyl post it.

Once you upgrade the courrier to fly, the spot he is hovering over by default (and the one he returns to by default) is exactly above the dire shopkeeper. This causes numerous issues and hampers gameplay. The most notorious situation is when dragging items to sell - they end up on the courrer. You can imagine how tedious it gets...

Basic Member
    RMB -> Sell

Basic Member
    Yes, of course, but why should it be like this - it's not like that in the radiant base and it's easy to forget. If you're used to drag and dropping items and passing them to teammates, you tend to instinctively drag and drop sell, and this only screws dire over. Not to mention that if you instinctively click on the shop to buy stuff you select the courrier instead, which you then have to move - and then when you buy something you probably still have the courrier selected so you then have to pass it to the hero.

Yes there are workarounds - but they are workarounds for a really tedious annoyance that simply doesn't have to be there, and is only there for one side of the game. If the courrier "docked" a bunch of pixels away from the shopkeeper instead of right on top of him there would be no problems at all.

THIS is bothering me since i started playing the game. its not really a big deal but i completely agree that there are way better default positions than the current one!!

Basic Member
    Or L2P. Both sides aren't supposed to be equal.

Basic Member
    What kind of attitude is that? This isn't about balancing, it's a damned interface glitch that can be fixed in secods. Changing the numeric value for the cooridnates where the dire courier docks by default fixes it. It's a bug = "once you upgrade the dire courrier you can no longer reliably acess the shop in the dire pool using mouse".

For those who do like that, they should fix it. But it doesn't bother me, because I use my mouse. So I have clicked on the shop maybe 3 times over my 550+ matches.

Banned
    +1 someone made a thread before but nothing happened.

PLEASE move it to the center of the fountain area which the Logo of the Team is located

Wanted to create a thread about this. Should be easy to fix.

...please :3

Basic Member
    Who seriously drags items? Dragging items in and of itself is hamperign your gameplay because it's a "tedious" waste of time. Instead of dragging your mouse all the way from your inventory to the shopkeeper, right click and then proceed to BARELY move your mouse to the sell button.

If you want to complain about something hampering your gameplay, complain about your own methods hampering your play.