Thread: [Confirmed] Passives Work When Denying

Basic Member

[Confirmed] Passives Work When Denying

I was playing shadow fiend and tiny was doomed, he was going to die so when i wanted to deny him his third skill craggy exterior worked on me and i got stunned
    he is supposed to be doom anyway
    proof:
    dota2://matchid=168126004&matchtime=2502

Edit:

This passives trigger upon attacking an ally:

Backtrack
    Blur
    Bristleback
    Craggy Exterior
    Dispersion
    Drunken Brawler
    Gravekeeper's Cloak
    Kraken Shell
    Living Armor
    Mana Shield
    Moment of Courage
    Reactive Armor
    Refraction
    Return
    Windrun
    Last edited by bu3ny; 09-29-2014 at 02:55 AM. Reason: update: Added list of spells

Volunteer Moderator
    Do not tag your own threads with [confirmed]... That is reserved for moderators. Also I am 99% sure this has already been reported - use the search function and check the known bugs list before you post in the future.

It is confirmed it the same sad fact that You can bash your allies as well in Dota2. I assume crits will work as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    adding confirmed to your own thread title is counter-productive. mods mark it confirmed after it has been viewed and added to sticky. if you add confirmed to begin with mod either will never look since its already marked or you'll just get banned/warned for violating forums rules.

either way don't do it.

Basic Member
    craggy exterior is not disabled by doom, but i dont think it should proc on allies

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    Do not tag your own threads with [confirmed]... That is reserved for moderators. Also I am 99% sure this has already been reported - use the search function and check the known bugs list before you post in the future.
    sorry about the confirmed thing, ill be careful next time.
    Im sorry that i posted before i check the known bugs list.
    Last edited by mhd54; 04-14-2013 at 03:47 AM.

Basic Member
    nobody gets banned for adding a confirmed tag, it just is a bit irritating because there are several mods around and a confirmed tag usually signs that someone has already looked into the thread.
    it is also a great filter against false positives to get a second confirmation (not opinion) before actually marking the thread as confirmed. even the best wc3 dota mech-masters among us have reported a false assumption every now and then. that's why we always doublecheck with the (latest) wc3 dota behaviour.

on-topic: do we have a confirmation about passives not working on denies in wc3 dota yet?

p.s.: couldnt find it on the sticky either, even though i can remember it already being reported too.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Blash I can confirm to you that passive (bash crit lifesteal) do not work on allies, in Wc3. You don't even need to check it in the dota map it is hardcoded.

I recorded a webm file of it but it is to large at 6.29 mb to upload >.>
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 04-14-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    added to sticky then.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Crowfeather's claim in this thread is partially incorrect
    There is no generalization over passives working on allies or not
    except for the Vampiric Aura, I think...

just like some spells being targetable on allies, some passives can work on allies
    the reason is simply because they have been set so, and could be set otherwise

Chaos Knight's critical strike is set to be targetable at allies, therefore can proc while denying or attacking an ally
    Juggernaut's critical strike on the other hand cannot

I will be making individual threads for these, because as I said, there simply is no definitive generalization, therefore this cannot be in any way mass-fixed

As for this thread;
    - Craggy Exterior won't work on allies, because the ThunderBolt skill it uses for its effect has no allies/friends flag in its targets
    - All the lifesteals also won't work, because either they are from a Vampiric Aura (like Vladmir's) or have no allies/friends flag in its targets (have checked it for Satanic, MoM, HoD and MoD)

lifesteals other than from Vampiric Aura are surely able to steal life from allies, but I couldn't find anything to make Vampiric Aura to be able to steal life from allies