Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A current (for now) MySQL database dump (to April 2013)

IP and torrent client used can be obtained from the swarm regardless.

Port can and does change regularly, but because it is a throw-away server it is still the default for now.

Password is a 32 (or so) character long password, with a non default username.

If you find a vulnerability in Ubuntu 12.10 please let me know because we could make some serious dough off of that.

As to a vulnerability in the software, the beauty of running things in isolated processes with limited privileges is that the most anyone could hope to do with it, is read stuff on the server (assuming catastrophic failure of all protocols etc.). Anything that would be sensitive on the server (assuming it wasn't a throwaway) would only be readable by people with correct permissions.

Thank you for the concern, but it is not needed.
    Last edited by jimmydorry; 04-17-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Getting close to having a full copy. I need to move the files to a different location... but am cringing at the implications.

Transmission won't let you relocate torrents via webGUI, which means I will have to: remove the torrent, move the files, start the torrent again, and let it hash check the files... all 160+ GB of them.

If it takes a few mins to check 2gb of files (CPU already under 200% load)... then it may take a few hours to hash (where it won't be seeding). Just giving a heads up.

On the bright side, when the files are moved, people will be able to grab a copy directly via http.

For anyone that wants a direct download for as long as I am seeding:

Direct Download

EDIT: Feel free to add to OP

Basic Member
    Thank you very very much for this!!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydorry View Post
    For anyone that wants a direct download for as long as I am seeding:

Direct Download
    Actually I think you should compress these on your server. Ubuntu comes with gzip and sql dumps compress well. Here's an example of me compressing the match_picks_bans dump:

Code:
    root@levi-mega:/tmp/pb# ls -lh
    total 177M
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 177M Apr 22 23:38 csdb_match_picks_bans.sql
    root@levi-mega:/tmp/pb# gzip csdb_match_picks_bans.sql 
    root@levi-mega:/tmp/pb# ls -lh
    total 38M
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 38M Apr 22 23:38 csdb_match_picks_bans.sql.gz
    You can see it brings it to about 25% of the size - big bandwidth savings. I think winrar can decompress gzip'd files - it's an open course format.

As for timing - I compressed a 12 gig postgres dump down to 800MB in about 5 minutes the other day, so it should be fine for all of these dumps. Thanks again to you and the OP!

Hesitant to waste CPU time over bandwidth... and the server probably doesn't have enough disk space to compress the large table.

I am using all of the CPU time for important things, and relatively less CPU is used keeping connections open as opposed to compressing multi gb files. Not to mention that it is kind of annoying to spend ages downloading something large, to then unzip it (wasting more space and time), and potentially running out space.

If enough people ask for it, I will look into how feasible it is.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Basic Member
    Thanks Aardvarki for doing the cluster.sql. One note: I've seen cluster 153 in some matches recently. I'm assuming it's Southeast Asia if it follows the pattern of the other cluster numbers.
    datdota.com -- Dota 2 Stats for the Professional Scene

Basic Member
    Thanks for this, at ~70% of the download right now. Will seed from my 100mbit connection for a couple of weeks or so after I finished it.

Basic Member
    I've made some ruby scripts to update the mysql db from the web api based on the last match in your csdb.match table. If anyone's interested in getting them then I'd be happy to share.

Basic Member
    Is anybody still seeding this? I would very much like to download at least the matches and match_player tables