Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] Disruptor's Kinetic Field is visible to enemies before activating

[Confirmed] Disruptor's Kinetic Field is visible to enemies before activating

In wc3 Dota, neither enemies nor allies can see the kinetic field boundary during it's "formation delay".

In Dota2, both enemies and allies can see it. Of course it is visible to all once the barrier is active.

If it was allied only in Dota2, that would be fine, but I see no reason for it to be nerfed by being visible to enemies.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________

To reiterate after testing:

Kinetic Field has a 1.2 second formation delay, between cast point and spell activation.

Dota1: Ring animation shows for only ~0.6 seconds, nothing is visible during the first ~0.6 seconds.
    Dota2: Ring animation shows for 1.2 seconds.

Lesser bug:

Dota1: Enemies will be slightly pushed if the field forms over their collision size.
    Dota2: Enemies will never be pushed by the field.
    Last edited by LxRogue; 06-24-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LxRogue View Post
    In wc3 Dota, neither enemies nor allies can see the kinetic field boundary during it's "formation delay".

In Dota2, both enemies and allies can see it. Of course it is visible to all once the barrier is active.

If it was allied only in Dota2, that would be fine, but I see no reason for it to be nerfed by being visible to enemies.
    I can confirm that Kinetic field is Visible before activating in Dota2 but i'm not sure about Dota interaction of this spell
    can anyone confirm?
    My English is not great and i know it

Not true.

Hmm I've gone and tested it myself now, and my initial post was mostly correct.

In wc3 dota, the field is not immediately visible. There is about 0.7s of activation time where the spell is already cast, but the ring is not visible at all. There are faint particles before the ring shows up, but hard to notice in a game. This leaves about 0.5s where the ring is visible, but not active.

In dota2, the ring is visible immediately upon cast, giving enemies ample time to dodge it.

Another small bug I found is that kinetic field has a small collision size, and it will push enemies if it become active while they are standing right at the edge. This is similar to fissure or cogs.

Quote Originally Posted by LxRogue View Post
    Hmm I've gone and tested it myself now, and my initial post was mostly correct.

In wc3 dota, the field is not immediately visible. There is about 0.7s of activation time where the spell is already cast, but the ring is not visible at all. There are faint particles before the ring shows up, but hard to notice in a game. This leaves about 0.5s where the ring is visible, but not active.

In dota2, the ring is visible immediately upon cast, giving enemies ample time to dodge it.
    It's not hard to notice at all.. the ring appears instantly and you have to be blind not to notice it.

http://youtu.be/ccXu2a5KDmY?t=18m50s

Watch closely, disruptor is able to make a 180 after casting before the spell shows up.

disruptor.png

You can see the faint white particles over SK, over the grey section of the terrain, but clearly no ring, and clearly the spell was already cast.

There's clearly at least some delay in the spell showing up. Whether its 0.4 or 0.5 or 0.7 doesn't really matter, it's a big difference from the 0.0 in dota2. Gives you a lot more time to react and move out of the way.
    Last edited by LxRogue; 06-22-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Banned
    Why is this marked as Resolved? I don't think this is resolved at all...

Banned
    It was resolved in 04-16-2013, now it's not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    It was resolved in 04-16-2013, now it's not.
    Someone saying "Not true" doesn't really sound like a confirmation that it's resolved though
    Sorry for offtopic.

But when I look at the last post from OP, I'm pretty sure this is confirmed.
    Furthermore, I'm not surprised about missing casting delays at all, I'm pretty sure there are still dozens of bugged skills in that aspect. I just remember that Chronosphere has the same issue.

Does the delay add to the duration?

Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Furthermore, I'm not surprised about missing casting delays at all, I'm pretty sure there are still dozens of bugged skills in that aspect. I just remember that Chronosphere has the same issue.

Does the delay add to the duration?

It's not casting delay. It's just the visual effect of the spell, which has no influence on the spell itself at all. So it doesn't add to the duration.
    And I think that visual delay doesn't matter for most of the skills, since the spell's effects are almost always instant. Kinetic Field however has that build up time, and the ring being visible during it gives it away.

Imo it would be best to make it work like Nether Blast/LSA/Sun Strike. Make the initial build up effect only visible and hearable for allies.
    Please, just call me buny.