Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Intended] Euls interaction with Song of the Siren

Basic Member

[Intended] Euls interaction with Song of the Siren

in DotA 1, if you use Euls scepter on a target to cyclone it, and then cast Song of the Siren while the target is in the air, that unit will be awake when the cyclones end- vulnerable and not affected by song of the siren at all. No further 'pulses' of song of the siren have any effect on that unit, it remains awake unless it leaves the AOE of the spell and returns at which point it will fall asleep again. This is true in the current version.

in dota 2, the unit falls asleep and invulnerable the moment cyclone ends. This is a huge parity difference, since euls is an excellent item for naga in dota 1 for this combo, but doesn't work in dota 2.

Someone will have to check in wc3 dota if this was hardcoded to do so or if it is a bug from the engine. If it's the former, than a fix is required!

Euls is a horrible item for Naga. Get it on a support and get proper items for her

This is not an engine limitation but IceFrog being lazy. As soon as a unit is in the Song, a dummy casts the sleep on them and they're added to a group, to not be affected again. As sleep doesn't hit the Euls target, it wont be asleep, but not affected again.
    This has been reported here but was never added to the list.

The question is, if they want to fix this (as it was propably a bug in Wc3) or if they accept is as an intended behaviour in Dota 1.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

It could easilly be fixed in Dota 1 much like Curve hook in D1 could be fixed and So could mirana's arse arrows. :L Coders just can't be asked D=}

nice find btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    Its not a minor thing to be excluding without an explicit "This is an intended change". This vastly changes siren's interaction with some heroes and items that would let her combo strongly.
    If it gets decided as an intended change ex post facto, ok then, but unless we get that confirmation, it should be treated as a parity glitch, no?

Volunteer Moderator
    IMO as long as it makes its way onto one of the lists it has equal chance of being either confirmed as intended or fixed... Just as long as it's documented it's fine.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    Sounds good. Either intended or not, it should be looked at, thanks

Banned
    Bump.

Basic Member
    might be intended anyway.