Thread: [Intended?] Metamorphosis Spells and Mirror Image

Basic Member

[Intended?] Metamorphosis Spells and Mirror Image

In DotA 1, according to this guide, spells based on [AEme] Metamorphosis should be canceled (except triggered effects) when casting Mirror Image-based spells (Manta Style). A quick DotA 1 test confirms this.
    The following spells are fully canceled:
    Elder Dragon Form
    Spirit Form
    The following spells are partially canceled:
    Firefly (flying pathing is removed, fire trail is retained, obviously can't burn trees since can't fly over them)
    Shapeshift (bonuses are lost, movespeed is retained)
    Flesh Golem (forgot to test, but I'm guessing the self-heal portiion is triggered and not disabled; the damage amp and slow aura are removed)

With this being a relic of the wc3 engine, I say this might be an intended fix; however, there are notable balance changes if Dragon Knight and Lycan are able to buy and use Manta effectively.

A second, somewhat related bug with Troll Warlord and Manta Style:
    In DotA 1, illusions from Manta Style are destroyed when the real Troll Warlord toggles Berserker's Rage (either direction, melee to ranged and ranged to melee). Other illusions (Illusion rune, Replicate, Disruption, etc.) are kept.
    This might have to do with Manta Style being changed from melee to ranged form? This doesn't occur with Dragon Knight on account of Manta not working, nor with Lone Drui-
    okay i just found this second bug already reported but not confirmed or placed onto either known bug or confirmed fix lists here
    go see this other thread too its nice and pretty and they were here first

Volunteer Moderator
    Doesn't happen with terrorblade either Although I am pretty sure his manta is always ranged.

Basic Member
    you can always use shift+ spell to use both morph and manta in the old dota.
    so I think this is an intended fix

Basic Member
    when saying "canceled" you mean that the illusions dont share the full metamorphosis effect and the original hero remains unaffected, right?

if that's the case, i'd consider this an intended fix.

added to the list for (possible) intended changes.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Volunteer Moderator
    No, by cancelled it means that they got completely nullified --> the original hero lost the transformed state.

As OP said, I think it is a relic of the WC3 system. Illusions and transformations never went hand-in-hand, so fixing this is quite a nice intended change.
    As for balance, I'd say that's best left discussed elsewhere.

Volunteer Moderator
    Well to be fair, chemical rage (alchemist) and metamorphosis (terrorblade) don't get cancelled with mirror image skills, so it's likely that the others could get fixed too.

Basic Member
    i ll keep that one on the intended changes list.
    many of the intended changes are meant to allow more options for the player.
    in some cases those are diverse item builds, in others it's another spell that rubick can steal.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    You can get around this with shift-queue in wc3 so I guess that this could be intended.