Thread: Message notification for transfer of items to another player

Basic Member

Message notification for transfer of items to another player

Idea is very simple:

Let's say I give some wards to another player directly, there should be a message and a small sound that shows that player ONLY along the lines of:

"Player A has given you 2 Observer wards to your inventory"

This would be very helpful especially for items like tangos, clarities, observer wards, sentries, gems.....it just makes it very convenient

Simple suggestion that's easy to implement.

+1. Even if it was just a sound, or just text it would be nice. I never realize someone gave me anything until they ping me or tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuster Cluck View Post
    +1. Even if it was just a sound, or just text it would be nice. I never realize someone gave me anything until they ping me or tell me.
    That's rather silly. Don't you wonder why their hero bumped into yours?

Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    That's rather silly. Don't you wonder why their hero bumped into yours?
    Well if they're support and giving me regen items(as is usually the case when someone gives me something), then I don't usually see them. If I'm farming the creep wave I usually keep my camera panned so that my hero is on the bottom edge so I can see more of what's going on at the enemies side of the creep wave. Since most of the time the support is standing farther behind me, they're not on my screen a lot of the time. And even if a portion of their hero is shown next to mine, my focus is still towards the creeps and enemies so its easy for me to miss

Basic Member
    Heroes bump a lot during the laning phase

Quote Originally Posted by iinvoke View Post
    Heroes bump a lot during the laning phase
    If you know what I mean *insert Mr. Bean meme here*.

However, +1. This happens quite often when heading to the hard lane, having the camera lower and a support giving you wards. At least I failed to notice it quite often :P
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the support, I think it would be a very handy update, I too have failed to notice people giving me items

+1