Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Skywrath Mage's New Voice

Basic Member
    I can definitely say I do not like the new changes to the voice simply because of how fake it sounds, if it sounded natural it would have probably been better, maybe not as much pitch reduction.

Basic Member
    I agree, it doesn't fit at all. Please return it to how it was.

Basic Member
    The original voice while there may have been a line or two that seemed a bit off it was more in the delivery. But as an overall tone and personality for Skywrath it really fit the character and worked as the kinda of voice a romantic who fell for a princess which would be rather youthful and lighter, instead of this deeper tone he has now which befits someone more like bristleback who would be some sort of bruiser.
    Also the original voice worked better due to the stature of Dragonus. In that he is a lightly built bird person, and a mage at that. The lighter voice matches this physical appearance because he is not made to look physically intimidating but rather more noble looking and the lighter voice fit that rather than a voice that makes him sound like a grizzled mercenary.

Basic Member
    Please reverse the change to his voice... his original voice suited him much better.
    Nuff said!

Basic Member
    Original one sounded better, go with your gut

Come on, valve, he's a light, young, romantic creature, not a grown man that drank too much Skywrath brew. First voice suited him more, it was unique, and much more natural.

I do not appreciate the new voice at all.

The original one is better, fits nicely with the character design.
    The new one sounds like the heavy from TF2, which is kind of weird for a mage.

Basic Member
    I think the old voice sounded better and more fitting. I hope the change is reverted, or at least adjusted, by the time Dragonus makes it to the main client.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Menace View Post
    Come on, valve, he's a light, young, romantic creature, not a grown man that drank too much Skywrath brew. First voice suited him more, it was unique, and much more natural.
    Fit better with his "lovestruck teenager" lines with Venge, too. I get wanting him to sound more wrathful, but this massively screws with his character.