Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A look at Elder Titan

Basic Member
    as a rival line?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    I know this is a beta portrait, but it's saying "kill me please" ^^. Final textures and colors will improve, but in art he look like a Man cow ("Tauren"), in portrait he look like some kind of "Conan" with horns

But the

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    what?
    It's a troll, it's not in the actual phoneme file.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

So he's actually a very important figure in the DotA lore. His responses to meeting the Fundamentals on the battlefield were interesting enough, too. Funny, though, for when I initially read through his responses, it seemed as though (to me, at least) he was slightly proud as to what he's done to the world. Must be a matter of perspective.

From a few of his lines, I reckon he's related to the Wailing One that accidentally thunk the universe into several pieces referred to in the Wailing Mountains' lore and inferred to in Brewmaster's lore.

Hell, maybe he IS the Wailing One. Or at least went drinking with him a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    - Fixed Bloodseeker getting slowed down by haste

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaticAlly View Post
    So he's actually a very important figure in the DotA lore. His responses to meeting the Fundamentals on the battlefield were interesting enough, too. Funny, though, for when I initially read through his responses, it seemed as though (to me, at least) he was slightly proud as to what he's done to the world. Must be a matter of perspective.
    what exactly had he done? his lines seem to suggest both creation and destruction/warping

EDIT: I guess i'll just make a post for that.....no point in discussing this here in LORE section.

Guys.... no one noticed how.... STUPID his face is??? come on WTF!? we need the original concept face !! It looks like the artists remodeled his face after the old model done and it looks COMPLETELY out of place.....
    look at how it moves : http://www.cyborgmatt.com/wp-content...erTitanWIP.gif

Here are ome posts from Cyborgmatt forums:

"Elder titan needs to look more like a beasty bull, instead of a lame old man-ish thingy, with awkward misfitting horns... Change his face back to how it was in the original concept art, especially the nose, that was epic!"
    "yeah that face needs to be more like the concept art, it would be epic.... that old man face that he have now it's fucking out of context..."

"I really hope thats not the final face model for Elder Titan...
    It looks like an old man face, facepainted, and with fake horns stuck to the side of the head."

"Elder Titan's face really really looks bad.The original concept art pictures were a thousand times better.This face looks so out of place and the horns look like they are fake.
    And he looks like a human.He is SUPPOSED to be a Tauren."

Please, we need bull like face again, not this...sad/dumb old man look....
    Last edited by DarkSuo; 04-20-2013 at 01:49 AM.
    Maverick Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSuo View Post
    it's different so it's ruined
    warcraft looked better
    i don't like new
    The less he looks like his Warcraft counterpart, the better it is. Mad props to Valve for manning the hell up and completely ditching the bull/Tauren look.

Titan, like those of the greek mythology, looks so much better than a bull with a large hammer.

Basic Member
    His name is probably Donte, he's got that comedy line which is just a reference to DmC but why would he reference DmC in the first place? Doesn't really fit his character.

Also, I know it's still WIP but his face is bad, it's way too humanoid and then those horns and face-paint just make it silly, I think the reason for this is that the titans are the oldest race that then devolved into humans but he should still look less humanoid.

Basic Member
    I'm with Captain Chalky on this one. He's the elder Titan, not Tauren, and to me, he looks the part. I do admit the minutaurish look was awesome, but I still like the one they went for. And I'm pretty sure the horns will be modifiable by cosmetics, if you really have a problem with them - I, for one, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Banethulhu View Post
    His name is probably Donte, he's got that comedy line which is just a reference to DmC but why would he reference DmC in the first place? Doesn't really fit his character.

Also, I know it's still WIP but his face is bad, it's way too humanoid and then those horns and face-paint just make it silly, I think the reason for this is that the titans are the oldest race that then devolved into humans but he should still look less humanoid.
    Scroll up a bit. Right up to this part.