Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chat restriction deemed by many as extremely harsh

^There is a suggestion that chat banned players should be allowed to use the Chat Wheel. I think it's a good idea.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AzTyG View Post
    Yeah sure it can teach the players a lesson for their abusive actions but seriously it will ruin their future games since they can't do anything to communicate to their allies. For example, if one of the enemy heroes they are facing is missing from a lane, they cannot do anything to report their lanes and this is critical to the team as they can be continuously ganked, and don't use the excuse that they should view their minimap if their enemies are missing because its your team's job to take care of your lane by reporting missing heroes. So Valve just gave you an unfair punishment.
    Yes, and this also happens when a player did nothing wrong. If someone wants someone banned they just false-report them and a few others and viola, chat banned for no reason. As ^^^^^^ said, its also a punishment for OTHER players as well.

Basic Member
    Now I understand why there was a guy spamming his ping button whithout speaking...

A "communication ban" should prevent pinging too. Period.

That said, we could argue if "communication ban" is really a good idea, given that a good dota game rely on team communication.

Basic Member
    i got 1 day flagged then i came up to play a game i didnt even trolled or flaming and somehow im flagged again im mean this is annoying i cant even concentrate or call ss on lanes cuz im flagged it just bad ideea you should watch chat game before u flagg someone so they cant speak even . im really pissed off...

Basic Member
    at least if we got banned, allow us to use the chat wheel..................................

Basic Member
    Valve is great, but they sometimes do some really dumb shit. I really don't know how they even let this one out before verifying it's effectiveness. Anyone could easily see the ramifications of chat-muting players. It kills the game.

Basic Member
    it's a good idea conceptually, but it doesn't work in practice. They need to hot fix this ASP, because it's ruined the game. You can't call ss, you can't be cooperative. Games are really quiet all of a sudden.

I got a communication ban after a guy who was verbally abusive all game said "reported for verbal abuse" without me actually being abusive -- and he did this later too, directed to other people. Basically, this is such a bad move by Valve that even the excuse of this being a beta doesn't cut it as an excuse for letting it slip through. There's nothing stopping people for doing phoney reports, apparently, so GG/uninstalling

What you complainers fail to realize is the ban is more effective and better for the team than allowing the disruptive players to do whatever they want. That's how sad the situation is, that these 'disruptive players' actually think their communication efforts are benefiting the team. They were banned because they were sabotaging communication efforts.

Basic Member
    seems more like they get banned because the ban criteria are too harsh or the automated system isn't able to recognize bogus reports. It's a broken system tha hurts the game more than "disruptive" players ever do

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hoveringmover View Post
    What you complainers fail to realize is the ban is more effective and better for the team than allowing the disruptive players to do whatever they want. That's how sad the situation is, that these 'disruptive players' actually think their communication efforts are benefiting the team. They were banned because they were sabotaging communication efforts.
    I was muted today because a stack I got matched up with reported me, not for anything I said, but because they thought I wasn't teamfighting well. They were cussing and insulting me in chat, and I never responded in kind. By the next game, I'm muted. Does that sound more effective and better for the team?