Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Chat restriction deemed by many as extremely harsh

I totally disagree with you all. This new idea is flawless! If people get to low priority, they were probably going for their duplicate accounts since playing in low-priority with no gain of Battlepoints was unbearable. But this new patch makes you think about options.
    Going to your dupe account and playing with your secondary account which is not much interesting for you, OR staying in your main, still getting your Battle points, talking via Personal messages with your friends, with sacrificing your ALL-CHAT/voice thrash talk.
    I bet that most of players stay in their main account, I already saw one person in my friend list suffering from communication ban. He was still insisting playing on his primary account.

So in my opinion: The old Banning system was not really a punishment, because people were resting their accounts for 24 hours while playing on their secondaries (which had no restrictions)
    But now, they prefer to play with their primary with the restrictions.
    This new system is forcing people to stay on one account, while the old system was kinda encouraging people to have duplicates.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Karga View Post
    I totally disagree with you all. This new idea is flawless!
    It's funny that this is your conclusion when your entire argument is that the new system fixes an old problem...

Let's summarize: fixes a single problem therefore it's flawless? Yeah, you might want to just delete that first line...

Basic Member
    still getting your Battle points, talking via Personal messages with your friends, with sacrificing your ALL-CHAT/voice thrash talk.
    What if i told you, low priority still exists and you are most likely going to be punished in both chat and LP?

Banned
    I totally disagree with you all. This new idea is flawless! If people get to low priority, they were probably going for their duplicate accounts since playing in low-priority with no gain of Battlepoints was unbearable. But this new patch makes you think about options.
    Going to your dupe account and playing with your secondary account which is not much interesting for you, OR staying in your main, still getting your Battle points, talking via Personal messages with your friends, with sacrificing your ALL-CHAT/voice thrash talk.
    I bet that most of players stay in their main account, I already saw one person in my friend list suffering from communication ban. He was still insisting playing on his primary account.

So in my opinion: The old Banning system was not really a punishment, because people were resting their accounts for 24 hours while playing on their secondaries (which had no restrictions)
    But now, they prefer to play with their primary with the restrictions.
    This new system is forcing people to stay on one account, while the old system was kinda encouraging people to have duplicates.

the people that are muted and still playing on the mute account are ruining games because all they do is spam ping and well played!

this does not fit into my definition of flawless... you dont like what someone on your team was saying you could already mute them, the whole system is unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney View Post
    the people that are muted and still playing on the mute account are ruining games because all they do is spam ping and well played!

this does not fit into my definition of flawless... you dont like what someone on your team was saying you could already mute them, the whole system is unneeded.
    I was never a bad teammate before getting banned. I was always nice. Maybe I wasn't always at my best, but nevertheless I never did anything to make anyone upset. Sometimes players were just upset in general, and simply took their hot emotions out on me. In those cases, I learned to just mute them if it got to be too annoying. I also learned to mute for people trolling big time for no good reason.

After getting banned, I had no choice but to play for myself. Now I'm probably worse off as a teammate. The new ban system scarred me for life? Time will tell.

Do I really believe what I just typed? No, not really. But I get the impression that's what some of you are trying to tell the rest of us. My honest impression? The punishment isn't appropriate at all if it bans an innocent. It appears to ban indiscriminately. As a result, there is a 'new game mode' that you are forced to play where you have to use chatwheel and minimap signals as effectively as possible temporarily for the simple reason that someone decided that they wanted you to.

If this system is allowed to continue, and everyone acquires 3+ bans and there is no system reset of any kind, I can imagine my favorite aspect of this punishment disappearing: that I could still listen to my allies communicate with me. What if all ten players in a game were muted? Every single game. This is what they've been working on, instead of fixing matchmaking? Instead of implementing a coaching system? It's cute, but I'd rather have my coaching system. And yeah, obviously this new system will either be scrapped or refined. It's unacceptable as it is now as far as I can tell.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GewoonDaan View Post
    I don't trashtalk. And I know there are people in my friendslist who don't trashtalk.
    I also hold it aginst you that you trashtalk. You have as much been a handicap to enjoying the game as this half-assed new punishment system.
    What he said.