Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sound when you are silenced/stunned but try casting skills

Basic Member
    There should be a way to change/mute it imo. I see how it can get annoying for some players. A game feature that is suppose to help you shouldn't be this annoying.

I kinda like the one in Warcraft Dota now where when you are silenced or when Silencer uses Global Silence, the whole game sound totally shuts off.

Maybe that can also be implemented in Dota2.
    Once an , always an ..

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    Let's hope that they change it when the Silencer is upon us which is soon. Or i'll bash my head with a keyboard till it's changed.
    LOL.

+1 to OP.

- It's utterly annoying.
    - And completely unfitting. Why it's a sudden childish voice in the middle of the battle? And why does it cry out loud that you are silenced??

Could it be at least a loud whisper, and preferably from someone with pleasant voice?

I wouldn't mind it staying as long as it only plays when I'm actually silenced.

I made this joke a long ago, we were in Skype back then. I was the ES and Riki put a smoke screen over us. My team mates said "FISSURE, USE IT!" And I, almost laughing, with my mouth closed, HMMM MMM MMMMMMMM sounds

Every hero should have their voice changed while silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinwaaa View Post
    I kinda like the one in Warcraft Dota now where when you are silenced or when Silencer uses Global Silence, the whole game sound totally shuts off.

I think that is a special effect for Global Silence only (fitting to its name)

Maybe it should play the "silence" once and then play an inconspicuous "unavailable"-sound (without voice) after that till the silence ends.
    I somehow like that silence sound, but if many people dislike it, I don't mind it getting changed.
    specs for bugreports:
    i5-4200U
    AMD Radeon HD 8750M
    win 7

I love that sound.

I don't see much point in spamming. If you are hexed for 4 seconds then there is no need to smash your buttons the first 3 sec.
    SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION. DAMNIT.

Banned
    It's so annoying that it almost get's funny. +1

SILENT SILENT SILENT SILENT it's kinda annoying when u going to die
    Stick to the Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by melvinwaaa View Post

Well it's silence, not deafness. What you describe should, theoretically, be applied when you suffer from one of QoP's AoE spells.