Thread: Team matchmaking rating system is broken

Team matchmaking rating system is broken

I have been playing DOTA for years now, and the most fun I've had playing DOTA has been in the team matchmaking. I am on a team [WDIRGT] that has four consistent core members, and we kind of rotate to get our fifth. When we swap out to get a new fifth, our rating resets. Consequently, we end up winning every single game. This is great fun and all, but I would really like to get to that next level of DOTA play, where the games are challenging and competitive.

What I am asking is, that you either allow teams of more than five players (ie alternates) or keep the team rating the same when you change the roster. Thank you for your time.

Basic Member
    well all matchmaking is broken so don't feel bad about the team mm in particular! It's always a nice thing to be drafted to play with a guy who doesn't have an idea about how the game is played after you win 4-5 games in a row and you just HAVE to lose some games in a row too for the mm to keep you in this golden 50% w/l ratio mark. Don't you just love it?