Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia and South Africa Server Support

Basic Member
    I fear adding 100 more servers won't fix the problem , I've attached a graph from the local server provider from south africa showing there are 4x as many internationals than locals on the servers . Despite the obvious language barrier and and disruptive behaviour ( 6 loss streak atm , everytime due to a feeding, rude international ) . They are the reason the servers seem to suffer from these permanent mini spikes .

Please assess the possibilities of region/language locking the servers or even a higher priority for locals, its actually ruining the game and negatively affecting your business model as the game is becoming less and less enjoyable to play .

MediaHandler.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by milton View Post
    We have more ZA servers on the way. Should be available after tomorrow's update hopefully.
    Thank you! That's fantastic news

Basic Member
    Foreigner problem needs particular attention on South Africa. Wait times have gone down but the number of internationals has gone up, staggeringly. Our regional player pool being so small means they are in every game and often outnumber the "locals". Which means most of the time games are being decided by whichever side has fewer internationals i.e. people with debilitating delay. It can't be fun for them or us - please do something.

Basic Member
    - Limited number of selectable matchmaking regions to six.
    This should help to an extent

Loving the upgrade, it's great not sitting there waiting while "finding server" is shown. However...

It seems like the occurence of mini lags has increased quite a bit. Every couple of minutes the server starts lagging to the point where creep starts blinking along the path and one can't even stack neutral camps. Have chatted with team mates and opponents, everyone is experiencing it at the same time.

Basic Member
    Three games in a row now everyone has decided to quit since its completely unplayable , people auto disconnecting , no effects from spells etc . Now we have to play on european servers.... Please Valve ,we need region locking.

Basic Member
    ^^ as stated above, however, since there are 2 servers, CPT and Johannesburg, can you not segment the servers, One server Local other International.I do not wish to be region locked, I do enjoy the wast differences in gameplay styles when connecting to international servers.

Hi I have an issue to report. Not sure if this is a server issue but I have been playing Dota 2 since early beta and never had any problems with it up until now. Since Dota 2 went live I enter a match and suddenly I am greeted with huge fps drops. My fps is lower than it was beforehand it was usually around 90-100 (memory not too great) but since Dota 2 went live or around then it stays at around 40 which i find playable but it's when I get the huge drops form around 40 to 1-10 and it hits 1 and stays there for a couple seconds and then reverts back to around 40.

This isn't a computer problem because I have been playing for a year or so now and haven't had problems with fps up until this point.

this also appears on the console every time I start up

Can't use cheat cvar snd_voip_center_speaker_vol in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Requested non-existent write path BASE_PATH!
    Requested non-existent write path BASE_PATH!
    Current item schema is up-to-date with version 16ED4D8C.
    GetUGCDetails failed? (UGC=0000000000000000 nFileSizeInBytes=0).

not sure what this means and if this is the problem :/

hope this is the correct section to post in if not sorry I'm new to the site just got an account to try and get help with this problem

Basic Member

cell -> Mweb

hi

guys theres seriously a problem between cell c and Mweb. i can play on international servers with higher latency but at least the game is not timing out. if i play on local server the latency goes from 80 - 1000ms all the times and about 85% of the time i will have a timeout in the game.

i tested with telkom mobile and had no issue only issue is between cell c and mweb.

let me know if i need to do some pings and tracert's to assist solving this issue ?

Basic Member
    Any update on MTNL problem? I get 300+ ping on my every single game..