Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Australia and South Africa Server Support

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kasunt View Post
    Mate glad to know im not alone ...
    Since few days back ive been getting sudden disconnects. First I thought it was just my connection but everything else is fine and pingable with good ping rates
    Interestingly enough I'm with Slingshot as well and it appears to be random as you say.

On the console im seeing "Receiving uncompressed update from server"
    Perhaps they could be throttling because of high packet rates ?
    Probably right about the throttling, just weird that it's only Slingshot that does it (could get some opinion from devs?). Time to switch to a more respectable ISP? I mean, I have seen too many forum threads about Slingshot and the quality of the their service, never ever favourable, especially when the board is related to gaming...
    Last edited by Deth_NZ; 05-05-2013 at 03:38 AM.

Basic Member
    It might be faster for us to find an alternative solution than going to Slingshot helpdesk. Just waiting till my contract finishes to make a move. However they have some low charges compared with other ISPs.

Can you give these settings a try ? I didnt see any lag after applying these. Not sure if it was pure coincidence or what.

rate "40000"
    cl_updaterate "20"
    cl_cmdrate "20"
    cl_interp "0"
    cl_interp_ratio "1"
    cl_smoothtime "0.01" // When errors occur smooth display over X time

Basic Member
    Please help, I have the same issue as Zirain - "Receiving uncompressed update from server" in purple.
    The same thing happens when I watch replays

The weird thing is I can play with bots perfectly so I know its not my dota,internet connection is the same as always, nothing has changed from my side.

It happened after the elder titan update.

I have reinstalled dota, backed up old version and redownloaded update. Nothing works...
    Also I find it strange that I've had this issue since the update but yesterday it went away and I could play again... Now today its back...

Whats going on?????

Help please, I need my DOTA

PS: nw I'm lp

Basic Member
    Hi Guys, sorry I'm a fool, didn't see ppl had already responded to Zirain. Will try the recommendations and give feedback...
    when I type in rate 20000... is that all? nothing else? Nothing displays in the console after I type that... has it picked up the command?

Basic Member
    What you could do is this:

rate "20000"
    cl_updaterate "20"
    cl_cmdrate "20"
    cl_interp "0"
    cl_interp_ratio "1"
    cl_smoothtime "0.01" // When errors occur smooth display over X time
    echo "done"

That way, when you type it in, if it's registered, console will respond with "done".

Basic Member
    So can we have an official statement or some sort of official fix endorsed by you guys or would that be expecting too much work from you?

It would be helpful if you posted it in the "uncompressed update" thread as well.

Basic Member
    I still had no luck with those settings. After couple of games I was still seeing lag.

For Slingshot folks here read the following response from Slingshot.

We had big problems with DOTA 2 quite a few months ago with traffic routing through SG before it got to AUS. Our upstream carrier resolved this path eventually and it resolved the fault.

Are you able to provide tracings and pathpings to your servers, and the evidence of the packet loss you have? Also I would get you to do this testing on Friday, if your issue is not resolved. As our network operations center is making big upstream changes tomorrow (09/05), so if issues persist Friday, trace/pathping the servers and we will have a look.

Basic Member
    Thanks for the info, kasunt.

Basic Member
    ok for the first in few days i was able to play without any lag today.
    The only difference is I increased Intel HD 2000 mem to 512mb and turned off "vsync"
    Will report back for any lag.

2013-05-08_00003.jpg

Basic Member
    Sweet another abandon. Can't wait for that fix.

Thanks Valve™ for this great Dota 2™ experience.