Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Retreat Ping

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trena99 View Post
    t-down
    What would possibly make this a bad feature, please explain.

I can't possibly see a good reason not to include this feature, except if you're one of those "If it was in HoN/LoL or Super Mario World we don't need it in Dota 2!" people.
    Last edited by Azanul; 12-07-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Basic Member
    Or you could just use the integrated voice chat.

Edit: I don't think we need another type of notification. The integrated voice chat, regular ping and the drawing tool are good enough.
    Last edited by cemal; 12-07-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cemal View Post
    Or you could just use the integrated voice chat.

Edit: I don't think we need another type of notification. The integrated voice chat, regular ping and the drawing tool are good enough.
    Not everyone wants to use voice chat, or should be forced into that position.

Basic Member
    I'm all for this feature.

Basic Member
    No need for this.
    There is a "draw on minimap" feature,which is awesome.
    If u wanna push,u dont have to use multiple pings,u just draw a line through that lane(like this ----->) and its done.
    Same way for retreating.
    U just draw a line,but a draw a tip of "arrow" on other side,telling them to retreat.
    Drawings are more visible and stay longer than pings.
    Plus they are much more easier to understand their meaning.
    And u dont have to be Picasso to draw it,its done in 1 second,2 lines and u're done.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4evra View Post
    No need for this.
    There is a "draw on minimap" feature,which is awesome.
    If u wanna push,u dont have to use multiple pings,u just draw a line through that lane(like this ----->) and its done.
    Same way for retreating.
    U just draw a line,but a draw a tip of "arrow" on other side,telling them to retreat.
    Drawings are more visible and stay longer than pings.
    Plus they are much more easier to understand their meaning.
    And u dont have to be Picasso to draw it,its done in 1 second,2 lines and u're done.
    Yes, you're right. Drawing a line with an arrow is easier than pinging... sarcasm, btw.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Azanul View Post
    Yes, you're right. Drawing a line with an arrow is easier than pinging... sarcasm, btw.
    With single ping u're just marking a spot on map.
    U can be pointing to dropped gem,to spotted hero,to anything..many times other figure out what are u saying,sometimes u gotta ping and then write in chat "push"
    I've played a lot of dota 1,in most cases,when some1 wants to signal to his teammates for push,he uses multiple pings.
    Now tell me,is it easier to understand the "push command" if u demonstrate it with 3,4,5 pings that make a line,or if u draw one?
    U're still gonna move the mouse over the minimap,might as well draw a line instead of pingdrawing it

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4evra View Post
    With single ping u're just marking a spot on map.
    U can be pointing to dropped gem,to spotted hero,to anything..many times other figure out what are u saying,sometimes u gotta ping and then write in chat "push"
    I've played a lot of dota 1,in most cases,when some1 wants to signal to his teammates for push,he uses multiple pings.
    Now tell me,is it easier to understand the "push command" if u demonstrate it with 3,4,5 pings that make a line,or if u draw one?
    U're still gonna move the mouse over the minimap,might as well draw a line instead of pingdrawing it
    Rofl, I can't take you seriously.

One single retreat ping is much easier, more efficient, and a cleaner graphical alternative.

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    Supporting it. It works wonders in LoL.