Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 178

Thread: [Suggestion] Retreat Ping

  1. #1
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    549

    [Suggestion] Retreat Ping

    This is a ping entirely different both visually and audibly from the typical Alert Ping which let's the players immediately know to withdraw from the pinged area.

    Here is a short video (13 seconds) that I made showing both types of pings in LoL, for those that have never played it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yzqXZd3kM9Y

    I know, everyone hates everything about LoL but I actually feel this was one of LoL's few "useful" additions to the genre.

  2. #2
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    156
    I think its already in the instinct of a dota player that if someone pings near you and in the fog your teammate is telling you there's someone there and if he pings near the enemy and he is nearby he's signaling for a gank.

  3. #3
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson589 View Post
    I think its already in the instinct of a dota player that if someone pings near you and in the fog your teammate is telling you there's someone there and if he pings near the enemy and he is nearby he's signaling for a gank.
    So if a dota player is used to something then it can't be improved upon?

  4. #4
    This seems like a decent idea, my only concern would be that it would have a negative impact on vocal and text communication. If you can rely on pings for calling out ganks, we may end up making a ping Skynet and losing our need to communicate through the other means.

  5. #5
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldatlarge View Post
    This seems like a decent idea, my only concern would be that it would have a negative impact on vocal and text communication. If you can rely on pings for calling out ganks, we may end up making a ping Skynet and losing our need to communicate through the other means.
    I think having the option there would be good. It's basically a quicker way of typing "b", which in itself is hardly the most exciting of text communications.

  6. #6
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    37
    This sounds like a good idea. Several other games have implemented a "fall back" ping and it works splendidly, especially when playing solo- queue with strangers.

  7. #7
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by Esvandiary View Post
    I think having the option there would be good. It's basically a quicker way of typing "b", which in itself is hardly the most exciting of text communications.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inskipp View Post
    This sounds like a good idea. Several other games have implemented a "fall back" ping and it works splendidly, especially when playing solo- queue with strangers.
    Exactly

  8. #8
    support this ,

  9. #9
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    52
    Yes please

  10. #10
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    549
    Bump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •