Thread: A Better Low Priority Matchmaking System

Basic Member

Lightbulb A Better Low Priority Matchmaking System

Forgive me for any grammatical mistakes, English is my 4th language.
    Now I know that as you have opened this thread you're expecting a mad rager to QQ all over the place because he/she is in the LPQ, but I promise you, I come with no intention of raging but only suggesting a different way of implementing this system.
    I've had my time in Dota 2, 877 hours of gameplay to be precise, and out of all of those hours of playing this beautiful, magnificent ARTS game I've encountered a few matches which I had to go AFK in for real-life shit. I completely understand why there's such a system in Dota 2, but I feel it's way too punishing considering the fact that we're all humans and we all sometimes have important things to attend to in real life, but we can't take the system down, it's impossible, but how about changing it a bit. For an example, last game I played (The game I AFK'd) I was playing a Phantom Lancer, my team was pretty much winning, and we were all farmed up, after I AFK'd I found my team at the Ancient and they were beating the living crap out of the enemy team, we won in the end. In the chat everyone was complimenting eachother, even me the 'Leaver', because I pretty much carried the team to the Win (80% of the game).

*Suggestion:

What I'm trying to say is, that even when I AFK'd, my team AND the Enemy team didn't mind me AFK'ing, so what if for an example Valve added a poll which would appear after game, players would tick Yes/No if I deserve to go to the LPQ, now you're probably thinking 'Nah, that could be abused' but it wouldn't be abused! Because I was already going to the LPQ anyways, so why not give me a second chance? kno'wam'sayin ? I don't know if this works with leaving too, but I guess it would if the player went back to the game and continued playing, oh and this poll wouldn't appear unless the player actually contributed something AFTER he/she AFK'd/left. So yeah, what do you think ?

tl;dr: QQ lpq is shet riot fix plz #swag
    Last edited by Aitelqadi; 04-24-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Basic Member
    *Bump

What do you guys think about this ? I'd really appreciate your comments.