Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Muting as a punishment

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Additional information: This technically happened to me several times now, i have been muted yet people report me for text abuse!! Hows that even possible i cant say a single word and yet get reported for text abuse.
    Got muted for another week because of that =/ i came off a whole week of being muted, i play one or two games unmuted not saying anything abusive nor spamming. Wake up next morning muted for a week again!
    Please fix this i cant play any proper games without saying stuff!!

i think when u are banned u are supposed to think over the bad things u have done
    i feel bad for when people get banned because then they cant playh this awsome game steam has made xD

I support the mute ban system!
    Typhox for mod!
    The moderator that wants mute system removed

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristianGamerAntiSatan View Post
    i think when u are banned u are supposed to think over the bad things u have done
    i feel bad for when people get banned because then they cant playh this awsome game steam has made xD
    Honestly after being banned for a week trust me i dont say anything apart from my Y commands and saying im ganking top bot mid etc.. nothing more nothing less honestly i know some people have done bad things and deserve to be ban'd but when you are your only teams hope and your doing not just great your doing more than perfect and get the team the win they deserve and still get reported? for what purpose ?

Basic Member
    the biggest problem is that the ban people ping the whole game and spamm good game.... and u cant mute the ping... thx destroy more fun of the normal player as before.

better u rage in chat and maybe the rage help to improve and u can change the lose to win or it can destroy all team moral, but the mute system make that all are frustaded, cuz u cant improve as a team and u lose all conzentration ingame cuz of mass pings.
    Last edited by Fushkiller; 05-24-2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: the ban system sucks

When ur muted ur not supposed to play the game why else would the mute ban exist???
    it is simple as that
    next please

I support the mute ban system!
    Typhox for mod!
    The moderator that wants mute system removed

Basic Member
    When ur muted ur not supposed to play the game why else would the mute ban exist???
    it is simple as that
    next please
    I think your a troll but I hate you anyway.

Basic Member
    Obvious troll is obvious. Bump

Basic Member
    it is simple as that
    next please
    when you have nothing smart to say you should shut up. It's so simple yet you fail at it: trolling is winning over brain...

Basic Member
    "Total reports are down more than 30%, even after accounting for the reduction in the number permitted per week." Bullshit valve.

"60% of players who receive bans go on to modify their behavior and don’t receive further bans." Yeah, people stop talking at all because your system is retarded.

"Less than the 1% of the active player base (players who have played Dota 2 in the last month) are currently banned." The majority is the problem. If you don't play with friends and any one of your teammates don't like you for any reason, they all report you and you're shit out of luck.

"Since the ban system has been implemented, there’s been a 35% drop in negative communication interactions." People obviously think the feeding and ability abuse is going to be more harsh on the abuser, given the reduction in reports there's no choice.

"Multiple people ganging up on you to report you in the same game has no effect on whether or not you are banned. We are looking at patterns of behavior over time only." Funny joke valve, didn't realize you're a troll company.

"If you are currently communication banned, any communication reports you receive in that time period do not contribute towards, nor result in additional bans." If you really are looking at "over time" behavior, the people who get banned are still going to be banned immediately after even if they did nothing. Utterly stupid system.

Basically Valve is saying it's working based on statistics that would OBVIOUSLY change due to the changes they made. Delusional much?

My problem is that no one talks in games anymore. I've played about 10 games while muted and lost 75% of them and the conversation has been very minimal. I've even started getting abuse from people because I'm muted. "Omg we're losing because this guy is so awful." etc. I've started using reports as retaliation. I am aware that I use harsh language on occasion and probably even belittle players when they do inexplicable things, but I also communicate positively and try to help lead teams that are often without direction.

This seems obvious, but any team game ends up with some kind of criticism being leveled at those who perform poorly. The sad thing is that even when this criticism is overall polite, fragile egos are bruised and reports are leveled. Dota requires a high level of communication to be a fun game. If my games feel like single player I will probably either make new accounts and stop talking or more likely just find a game that I enjoy more. It's not the same game it was before and that's actually a bad thing.

Finally, this is been said many times before, but there's already a "mute" option available to every single player. If the system simply flagged users and allowed his teammates to determine whether to mute or not(then notified the player if he was being muted by those other players) it would be equally effective but also allow rehabilitation to happen literally in the game in real time. The player could see that some people are giving him a chance, and take that opportunity to be polite and constructive. On the other hand if he sees players beginning to mute him or mute him again after giving him a chance, he can see that his behavior is offensive and rectify it in his next game.

Please developers: consider changing the system to mirror something like this.