Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Muting as a punishment

Basic Member

Exclamation Muting as a punishment

This new report system is absolute garbage. Without communication this game is impossible and it is the single most annoying and frustrating thing your company has ever been dumb enough to implement. A mute is the same thing as not being able to play. So why not go all the way? Stop. Just Stop. Especially when you get reported for talking down to someone who was feeding on purpose.. Fix your reporting system or at least have your mods or however you do it, check that the report was not completely fabricated. Thanks! -Brevity

Basic Member
    I agree. It's really getting out of hand, specially when you don't know why were you banned and you can't defend yourself.
    Last edited by AWRNSS-_-; 04-27-2013 at 04:45 PM.

this fucking system of chat ban is really shit. today i played a game and i was farming in forest and i got ban and only for farming cause some dic...ads was dying and anyway we won the game after my farming.is this fucking awesome when some noobs report u not ganging at begining and crying? this valve system of muting is total shit.maybe gave the rights not only to get ban after not less than 2 reports but after 1. than we baning each other and play normal silent game

Please remove the ban chat system.When I play and I can not say anything to their side of the Allies, I'm getting very nervous that bad for my nervous system.
    I always give the unjustified ban chat, I do not even know why.
    Or make the system so that people can provide evidence of violations on the forum (screenshot + replay)

Basic Member
    did my best to spread the issue around as much as possible. Yes, I posted it in quite a few different forums in hopes of someone reading it and a hotfix being released. It really is absurd when some A-hole has a bad day and decides to report you for next to nothing just because you told them about something they did wrong. No one can take criticism and 90% of the time people are being muted who don't deserve it.

Basic Member
    "Dota is a community made game, and if Valve wants to cash in on that community then they should respect it."

"I've been playing 5+ games a day. Believe me, I have some really good games, and some really bad games.

Today, I got muted. For what, I don't know.

I didn't swear. I didn't use racial slurs. All I did was tell my team when I was ganking, to defend, to push, etc.
    I criticized inefficient and stupid builds like a wraithband, tangos start. Mind you, I normally play in High MMR.

Nothing out of the ordinary.

And yet, I'm muted for an undefined period of time.

Often, people simply report you, and swear at you afterwards.
    But because I've already used all of my reports this week since I've played easily over 15 games, I can do NOTHING.

The mute feature is there for a reason. These mute bans are an outrage.
    And the forums have not had this kind of outcry to an update in ages.

This is a sign of Valve turning the wrong direction.
    This policy is entirely against the consumer.
    There are no appeals and there is no vetting.
    You literally can pick up Dota 2 invites for a rare a piece, create three accounts, and just report people you don't like.
    Within 12 hours, you'll have them muted.

For what? Only Valve seems to know.

If this is some campaign against 'cyber bullying' then I can't help but think that Valve has its priorities completely out of order.
    The Dota community is centered about a game that gives a player extremely high and low valence emotions.
    It's natural to be angry and to express that.

This system promotes an artificial politeness.
    It is unnatural, it is fake.

People who are muted cannot communicate effectively in any high level match, especially if they are solo queuing versus a coordinated via voice stack or small parties.

You cast your ulti in a teamfight late because of the cooldown? Too bad, your team doesn't know that.
    Reported for throwing. Enjoy your mute extension."

Quote Originally Posted by Brevity View Post
    "Dota is a community made game, and if Valve wants to cash in on that community then they should respect it."

"I've been playing 5+ games a day. Believe me, I have some really good games, and some really bad games.

Today, I got muted. For what, I don't know.

I didn't swear. I didn't use racial slurs. All I did was tell my team when I was ganking, to defend, to push, etc.
    I criticized inefficient and stupid builds like a wraithband, tangos start. Mind you, I normally play in High MMR.

Nothing out of the ordinary.
    Bingo.

People don't like being told they suck. I can say that first hand. After hearing it to me, I just unbound my chat key to even bother with em. The wheel works wonders. Saying anything is pretty much a paddlin'.

And by a paddlin', I mean a chat muting.

Basic Member
    After this muting system I have simply stopped talking! I just use the chat wheel as if I am always muted!!

Basic Member
    Ye, I've been muted for talking english in a group of russians.

Giving the community the option to mute the community. Brilliant! I might consider playing that account in a week when the mute is over, lol. Until then, pwning people trying to learn the game on my other account. Oh the joy they must feel Atleast it's nice that I have 40 invites for new accounts every time someone feels the need to abuse their muting powers.

Hurts people trying to learn the game more than me.

This implementation is an utter joke at best