Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 13 of 424 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Pros and Cons of this new report/mute system

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenBaken View Post
    @panda; global muting is a punishment for breaking the rules and ruining the game for others. reason = punishment. simple as that. if you argue that muting a player is too gamebreaking, i suggest that they put flamers in the leavers bracket and let them rot there. i would go as far as muting them and putting them there, but that may be a bit excessive.
    Don't you realise that others (the noobs that don't want to listen - yes. They are there) are ruining the game for them?

If you are breaking the rules (non existant rules, since there is no "you gotta behave like that"-rule) then you should get banned. Or removed from MM for 1 day or whatever. Muting someone ruins the game for THE OTHERS that got in a game with him. It is complete bullshit (sorry, but it really is).

You play this game to have fun - is losing fun for you? For me it isn't. And if the reason why I lose is 1 guy that doesn't want to listen and acts like a total retard then he is ruining the game for me - and probably the 3 other teammates.

If he is ruining the game for you through the things he writes (damn, you must be a crybaby) - MUTE HIM. You got the power to do it. You just have to open the scoreboard and click on the beautiful button that is there - the MUTE button!). If he uses spells or something else to "ruin" your game - report him!

Every single person that actually likes to win and plays this game to win games and have fun would agree with that. A muted player ruins a game pretty fast. And it was probably the worst thing Valve ever invented. period.

You can't mute someone in a game where COMMUNICATION is basicly the MOST IMPORTANT thing. No - it doesn't work like that. IF you are such a big crybaby that finds his words so offensive - MUTE HIM FOR YOURSELF.
    Last edited by PandaSucks; 11-12-2011 at 05:00 AM.

+ 1 - shoulb be like bot talking

Quote Originally Posted by PandaSucks View Post
    Don't you realise that others (the noobs that don't want to listen - yes. They are there) are ruining the game for them?
    should be solved by matchmaking. there are a lot of new players now so it will take time for the noobs and so on to get separated. if not, go complain in mm section.

If you are breaking the rules (non existant rules, since there is no "you gotta behave like that"-rule) then you should get banned. Or removed from MM for 1 day or whatever. Muting someone ruins the game for THE OTHERS that got in a game with him. It is complete bullshit (sorry, but it really is).
    common sense that swearing, racist remarks, and all those other things that flamers do are not allowed and probably in the steam or dota 2 eula, if not, it needs to be added. also, i agree that an alternative to muting is being banned or be moved to the leavers mm bracket.

You play this game to have fun - is losing fun for you? For me it isn't. And if the reason why I lose is 1 guy that doesn't want to listen and acts like a total retard then he is ruining the game for me - and probably the 3 other teammates.
    once again matchmaking should solve this, but every now and again a player has a bad game or 2. deal with it. it is still not a reason to flame. there is never a reason to flame. simple as that.

If he is ruining the game for you through the things he writes (damn, you must be a crybaby) - MUTE HIM. You got the power to do it. You just have to open the scoreboard and click on the beautiful button that is there - the MUTE button!). If he uses spells or something else to "ruin" your game - report him!
    that would would make it okay to flame. global muting is a punishment to show flamers it's not okay and that they should change their ways.

Every single person that actually likes to win and plays this game to win games and have fun would agree with that. A muted player ruins a game pretty fast. And it was probably the worst thing Valve ever invented. period.

You can't mute someone in a game where COMMUNICATION is basicly the MOST IMPORTANT thing. No - it doesn't work like that. IF you are such a big crybaby that finds his words so offensive - MUTE HIM FOR YOURSELF.
    a voice chat menu will solve the gamebreaking issues involved with muting.

very ironic use of the word crybaby, seeing as you are the one crying and ranting in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kalium View Post
    Oh god these are hilarious.

Anyway, I'd like to see what will come of the current system. If it doesn't suffice, Valve will surely change it.

Basic Member
    As does the mute the chat?

PandaSucks, by any chance, are you globally muted in game? Just curious.

I hope Valve makes a separate bracket for flamers. Imagine 10 flamers in game. When 10 flamers are in one game, they should be unmuted for the lulz :rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post

I hope Valve makes a separate bracket for flamers. Imagine 10 flamers in game. When 10 flamers are in one game, they should be unmuted for the lulz :rofl:
    lol i can just imagine.

"buy wards now"
    "no you buy wards"
    "no no first go pull"
    "you little bitch $@($#%"
    "f*$@ you"
    "you are such a noob"

make this happen. hehe.

Basic Member
    lasts 24 hours on mute?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ForsakenBaken View Post
    @panda; global muting is a punishment for breaking the rules and ruining the game for others. reason = punishment. simple as that. if you argue that muting a player is too gamebreaking, i suggest that they put flamers in the leavers bracket and let them rot there. i would go as far as muting them and putting them there, but that may be a bit excessive.
    Link me to the official rulebook to the game. Yeah, that's what I thought too. Netiquette != rules.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post

I really do hope I end up playing with you for the hell of it. I'm not muted but I will not say ANYTHING the entire game and I guarantee you'll get pissed that YOU are dying due to no mia calls and no wards and me choosing a hero that does not fit in the lineup.