View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 2 of 424 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pros and Cons of this new report/mute system

Would prefer censorship than muting. Just censor off offensive languages or give them a message that says "your message contains offensive words, could not be sent", a method which most MMO games are using.

Basic Member
    Just give them lengthy bans. People who flame over this game love this game. Take that away from them instead of forcing us to play with them. Ban Kingraven for a week at a time and he will never rage at strangers again. Hell, I would be a saint if Valve threatened one-week bans.

Banned
    Yea, this is probably the WORST thing that you could do in a game like this LOL.

It COMPLETLY ruins games.

I doubt that anyone is actually checking the reports. Could basicly result in a lot of false reports which result in a chat mute.
    They'll base decisions on the players trends not single report - it's unlikely you'll have everyone throwing false positives at a single player repeatedly unless they were in fact guilty.

I think this is a great idea, for those complianing about not communicating at whatever, here's an idea:

LEARN TO NOT THROW ABUSE AT YOUR PLAYERS, go read an article or a book or something if you don't know how to stop being a douchebag, then you'll be able to communicate if every game. You'll also find that encouragement actually helps guys play better - insults really make people play worst and stop focussing on the game. Good day sir!

Basic Member
    Horrible idea and at least give an option to unmute/unsquelch them at the start of the game.

Call MIA CALL MIA MID OMG!!!!!! .. etc

I also really dislike the transparency at the current moment which just isn't there. I understand its a dynamic system and being tweaked but is it possible to give some sort of ruleset or guidelines for how all of this works and do changelogs for them?
    Last edited by RoyalWave; 11-11-2011 at 02:21 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyza View Post
    They'll base decisions on the players trends not single report - it's unlikely you'll have everyone throwing false positives at a single player repeatedly unless they were in fact guilty.

I think this is a great idea, for those complianing about not communicating at whatever, here's an idea:

LEARN TO NOT THROW ABUSE AT YOUR PLAYERS, go read an article or a book or something if you don't know how to stop being a douchebag, then you'll be able to communicate if every game. You'll also find that encouragement actually helps guys play better - insults really make people play worst and stop focussing on the game. Good day sir!
    What is a player trend? 10 people reporting someone? That would mean I'm 2x in a game with a team of 4 + me ---> They report me (for whatever reason) --> I get muted?

The system is bad. Nothing to talk about to be honest. You NEED communication.

Basic Member
    The first time I read about this system I wondered why I didn't thought of it. It's brilliant. +2. I agree it may be improved with preset game-relevant commands. Without commands, the only disadvantages are when you are distracted in a fight or whatever and an enemy player went missing, or you want the whole team to gather for a smoke; or perhaps suggest lanes to level 1 gank, trilane, etc. Anyway, if flamers want to have these privileges then maybe they should learn not to flame.

I vote to keep this system. I played many games today without flamers at all. Adds so much to the enjoyment of the game. Don't make it like HoN, even with profanity filter you get flamers every 2-3 games. Horrendous.

Also, you can call missing by pinging and draw lines on the map.
    Last edited by solo123; 11-11-2011 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bboyza View Post

Totally agree with you.

The people will learn to not be badmmanner like in real life if you want to steal someone you will not do because you have afraid of go to the jail.
    People don't want be unable to communicate then next time they will stop being douchebags or always stay with chat muted.

People need learn to not be badmmaner in the worst way, discipline is the key.

For example, HoN anti-leaver system, before everyone can leave games but when they implemented the 5% of leave games system, people always think two times before leave games because they will be banned of matcmaking games.

For the people saying that will have their game experience impaired for have someone muted in his team, well the most part of the players will adapt to the rules and a small portion of your games will have people muted. Like 1 of 10 games will be someone muted, and will be only a single guy in your team.

Banned
    No one is going to go through the extra effort of 'drawing' for you. I'd rather just let you die, personally.

Basic Member
    There should be allowed words like: miss, push, gank, hero names, defend etc.