View Poll Results: .

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • .

    0 0%
  • .

    0 0%
Page 3 of 424 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 4237

Thread: Pros and Cons of this new report/mute system

  1. #21
    This is either best or the worst idea ever. As such, I'd say it's worth trying out.

  2. #22
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRaven View Post
    oh another classy situation that arose: I had a BS on my team and Iw as spectre: couldn't figure out who was getting the radiance due to lack of communication but we both had around 3200 gold.

    Great idea here.
    this aint hon

  3. #23
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    45
    really really great work Valve... keep flamers away... they are annoyed? they can thrashtalk anymore? Learn to behave properly then!

    If a system like this generates whining of flamers it means that it's working really well (as the no forfeit system implemented^^that generates whining of people who wants to concede when the game become less likely to be a win)!!!! Keep up the great work!

  4. #24
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    38
    I cannot communicate. I typically solo in higher level games and cannot call lanes. I also solo long-lanes a lot in tryhard games with tri-lanes, and cannot communicate when that hero is leaving to gank our tri-lane if tower is pushed up (when they typically will buy a TP scroll by turning on RoB to push lane to tower at level 6 or before, and see a prime time to get top lane if we had ont warded the lane top for ganks. Yes, Dota is a game this nerdy at times).

    It's a burden, not a solution. I've had kids break Pudge ult early to KS me, the Sk gets an ult off and he kills us both. I would call this trashy player out for being greedy and not assuring the kill 100%, but he just gets to say 'gg' and thinks his play is correct. I also cannot talk back to anyone. It's a complete waste of time for me to play and it burdens my team with me not being able to say what runes, etc, someone is getting.

    But hey, if keeps fickle egos intact for lesser players that can't accept they're bad, then go for it. They can keep losing as a result of the system
    Because bad mouthing a player is going to make him better...

  5. #25
    Basic Member BLABLAFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,487
    I don't know why this is even needed.

    If someone feels offended by a player, he can mute him. No need to auto-mute people and thus making them lose possibly every game, as he can't communicate.

  6. #26
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by BLABLAFU View Post
    I don't know why this is even needed.

    If someone feels offended by a player, he can mute him. No need to auto-mute people and thus making them lose possibly every game, as he can't communicate.
    Some new players may not be aware of how to mute. Muting people is a chore, and also is done always after some of the abuse has happened. Further, this acts like the leaver matchmaking system, a form of prevention to encourage flamers not to flame as leavers not to leave. Happier games for everyone.
    Last edited by solo123; 11-11-2011 at 08:28 AM.

  7. #27
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    43
    Instead of auto-muting people how about adding a reputation bar and an ignore feature?

    Then people can choose if they want to auto-ignore low rep players, and players with low rep will visibly see how close they are to getting muted and can strive to become more popular. Likewise, players that are hugely popular can see it and feel better about themselves.

    Also while yes it takes a majority opinion, people can spam reports on a player they're losing to out of rage. A really good player could possibly get muted just because he stomps people for a few games even if he doesn't say anything. It's really open to abuse and it's just not a good idea the way it's currently implemented.

  8. #28
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,117
    Quote Originally Posted by solo123 View Post
    Some new players may not be aware of how to mute.
    And some new people are unaware of how to play, installing a game and going straight to the multiplayer matchmaking is stupid in it's own right. If someone says to me that they don't like X and I tell them they can turn X off, then that's the end of it, if they carry on not turning X off it's their problem.

    Happier games come from people understanding the game not by shoehorning everyone into buddy-buddy gaming.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    And some new people are unaware of how to play, installing a game and going straight to the multiplayer matchmaking is stupid in it's own right. If someone says to me that they don't like X and I tell them they can turn X off, then that's the end of it, if they carry on not turning X off it's their problem.

    Happier games come from people understanding the game not by shoehorning everyone into buddy-buddy gaming.
    THIS! If you find yourself getting flamed almost every game, there is a common demoniator in each game, and it's YOU!. Not saying flaming is correct, but try having some humility and realizing if you're getting trash talked every game, it might be because you do NOTHING.

    I just had a game with an AA that didn't ward for 25 minutes, and when confronted, said he'd simply report us. Yeah, boo hoo heaven forbid people hold his feet to the fire when he has to play his role. I ended up buying wards as Nevermore and, in his book, that's fine.

    MOBA genre isn't a friendly genre. You can put functions like ignore, but really, you can't change the fact 1 bad, dumb player can ruin the game for 4 others. That player will get pulled over the coals. Always has been that way. Just put an /ignore function, or maybe an /ignore all so it does mic/text.

  10. #30
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    216
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRaven View Post
    THIS! If you find yourself getting flamed almost every game, there is a common demoniator in each game, and it's YOU!. Not saying flaming is correct, but try having some humility and realizing if you're getting trash talked every game, it might be because you do NOTHING.

    I just had a game with an AA that didn't ward for 25 minutes, and when confronted, said he'd simply report us. Yeah, boo hoo heaven forbid people hold his feet to the fire when he has to play his role. I ended up buying wards as Nevermore and, in his book, that's fine.

    MOBA genre isn't a friendly genre. You can put functions like ignore, but really, you can't change the fact 1 bad, dumb player can ruin the game for 4 others. That player will get pulled over the coals. Always has been that way. Just put an /ignore function, or maybe an /ignore all so it does mic/text.
    I can't agree further. Since the MOBA genre is a game that is highly dependent on teamplay, it's very easy to rage at your teammates. I really hope that Valve gives us the tools to deal with these situations (which they have with the ignore chat and mic features) instead of moderating it with a report/punishment system like some other crappy game which does not need to be name

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •