Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%
Page 424 of 424 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424
Results 4,231 to 4,237 of 4237

Thread: Pros and Cons of this new report/mute system

Basic Member
    Let me share my story, today I have been playing a friendly game ( match ID is : Match 573367383) a player picked invoker and keeps getting afk. He literary stayed afk for 15 mins, he manged to fool the game by sharing his unit to his allies , i then asked him to leave and abandon the game, in return he reported me and im muted for 353 hours! WHAT KIND OF STUPID SYSTEM IS THIS? HE RUNS AWAY WHILE I GET THE BLAME! I WONT PLAY FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS GJ VALVE

Basic Member
    I dont know why i even bother typing on these forums but anyway IF you have BB and you run in to a team fight the enamy team have 2 choices either burn there spells on BB and try to kill him or right click him down due to his durability its near to impossible to kill a BB with right clicks fast enough before he quill spray you down and thats why you have tank/durable role also called sometimes as intiators. Same with axe you never see anyone build him paper tank do you no you go tanky. And when you see them use some stuns on him to lock him down to manage to kill him your allies go in and do there shit he might not live longer then 5-10 sec but thats more then enough for you to win the team fight. POINT HERE IS THAT HE SOAK THE DMG.

Basic Member
    I think it's time this was discussed again.

Starting assumptions: 1. Communication is important to a team game. 2. The chat wheel is not as good as normal communication.

Problems with muting players:

1. Puts one team at a disadvantage over another. Matchmaking does not "balance" muted players (i.e. one on each team).

2. Muted players are immune from other forms of reporting (i.e. they can throw/troll without consequence). Encourages this behavior.

3. Abusable, communication reporting is used as the "I don't like this player" report function.

Solutions:

1. Remove muted players from normal ranked/unranked and stick them in low prio (i.e. don't punish 4 innocent players everytime he plays a game).

2. Allow muted players to be reported for the other 2 forms of abuse whilst muted.

3. Get a damn overwatch system.

Or you could just get rid of the whole "muting" idea since it's a terrible, nonsense form of punishment. We already have an in-game mute function.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo2zero View Post
    Solutions:

1. Remove muted players from normal ranked/unranked and stick them in low prio (i.e. don't punish 4 innocent players everytime he plays a game).

2. Allow muted players to be reported for the other 2 forms of abuse whilst muted.

3. Get a damn overwatch system.

Or you could just get rid of the whole "muting" idea since it's a terrible, nonsense form of punishment. We already have an in-game mute function.

I think Bravo2zero's 3 solutions have great merit.
    The first two help reduce bad behaviour, raging (including rage quitting?) and trolling from muted players whilst the third allows for more enforcement.

Another issue with the Dota 2 community is that it's so common to hear someone say "Go ahead. Report me. Nothing's going to happen".
    The reporting system has been around for how many years now?
    How is it that to this day the system is still not even a concern for the average rager/abuser/troller?
    Seems like there is still a need for more transparency or communication about how the system works and how people are being punished.
    Furthermore, there needs to be more transparency about how a player should behave and why people are being punished.
    Else, a punished person can easily claim to be subjected to "unfair punishment" if he doesn't understand when and how his behaviour was bad.
    Last edited by Ace_Legend; 03-11-2016 at 04:20 AM.

Basic Member
    Here's an additional idea:

The reporting option should be allowed only once the match has finished for two main reasons:
    1) sometimes in the heat of the moment someone swears a lot (or makes a blunder) and someone else takes offence, choosing then to report him instantly. But if they make great comeback plays and end up winning, the mood is generally good and by then it's too late to retract that report.
    2) sometimes a rager will report his teammates out of spite just before abandoning the match

This would also greatly help to reduce the number of reports since a player now has to stay all the way to the end of the match if he still wants to report someone.

Basic Member
    So I had a game today where one of my teammates had been muted previously by me. I only mute players whom I've reported for abusive language, so it's easier to keep track of them. I unmuted him for the start of the game, so I could see if he had improved. Sadly he had not. He raged and complained and threw insults non-stop throughout the game. I muted him again, and reported him once more. Clearly the report system was not effective in his case.
    The second match I played also had another rager. Once again I muted and reported him. But now I found myself with no more reports, and left wondering whether the report system works at all?

The number of reports players are allowed to make is still far too few, considering how many ragers and abusers there are to this day. And the consequences are still not severe enough it seems, with most of these ragers saying things like "go ahead, report me, nothing's gonna happen" or they'll demand the opposition on all chat to report his innocent teammates, like reporting people is some joke. If we are to have an amicable community, we need harsher punishment for those that are a blight to the community.

Basic Member
    Suggestions for punishment:
    After receiving too many reports, a player gets banned, which can only be lifted after the player has won a certain number of games (let's say 10 games for the first offence). While he is banned, the following are in effect:
    - his dota profile cannot level up
    - to enable matchmaking, his dota profle (and steam profile) cannot be made private only
    - he cannot play ranked games
    - he will receive no item drops
    - any chests opened will not drop the very rare nor ultra rare items (better to leave this punishment untold)
    - victories will not be considered for the all hero challenge
    - wagers cannot be placed
    - quests cannot be completed
    - only his top 50 heroes will be available in matchmaking games (even in all pick modes). This is to reduce troll picks
    - enough additional reports will refresh the ban