Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] A plenty of 'different' interaction between Power Cogs and several Spells

[Confirmed] A plenty of 'different' interaction between Power Cogs and several Spells

Spells which allow you to 'fly by' Cogs
    DotA 1
    Dota 2 Zap Interaction is Passing Interaction is
    Shock Passing through Cogs Shock Passing through Cogs
    Bara Charge of Darkness 1 n 0 y FALSE FALSE
    Batrider Firefly (flying out) 1 y 1 y TRUE TRUE
    Batrider Firefly (flying in) 1 y always getting shocked when trying to get in n FALSE FALSE
    Dark Seer Vacuum 1 n 0 y FALSE FALSE
    Force Staff 1 n 1 n TRUE TRUE
    Huskar Life Break 1 → 0 (since 6.78) y * 0 y * TRUE TRUE * depending on the postion of clockwerk in power cogs (positions you mostly outside of cogs at the end of Life Break) * always getting in cogs (repositions behind clock)
    Magnus Skewer 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Mirana Leap 1 sometimes 2 n 0 y FALSE FALSE
    Morph Waveform 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Nessaj Reality Rift depending clock remains often in cogs while nessaj gets shocked (hardly swaping position) FALSE TRUE
    Pudge Hook 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Rubick Hookshot/Power Cogs 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Rubick Telekinese 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Sandking Burrow Strike unaffected y atleast once (AoE seems bigger of Power Cogs) FALSE FALSE
    Slark Pounce (jumping through Cogs) 2 y 1 y FALSE TRUE
    Slark Pounce (jumping in Cogs) 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Storm Ball Lightning (into Cogs) 1 sometimes 2 n 0 y FALSE FALSE
    Storm Ball Lightning (out of Cogs) 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Timbersaw Timber Chain 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Tiny Toss 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Void Time Walk 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Wisp Tether depending * n 0 y FALSE FALSE *getting massive shocks if you trying to pass 'through' you rather sliding along the Cogs
    Kaolin Rolling Bolder 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Xin Sleight of Fist 1 ** 0 ** FALSE TRUE ** you are getting returned to your origin spot so does not matter in this case
    spells which get an enemy unit 'out' of Cogs
    D1
    D2 Zap Interaction is Passing Interaction is
    Shock Passing through Cogs Shock Passing through Cogs
    Bara Greater Bash/Nether Strike 1 y 1 y TRUE TRUE getting unit out of Cogs is much easier in D1. while in D2 Bara stays often with the target inside the Cogs (maybe cuz of lower Knockback distance)
    Batrider Lasso 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE *unit wont get zapped when lassoing it out
    Batrider Flame Break 1 y 1 y TRUE TRUE
    Beastmaster Primal Roar 0 n 1 y FALSE FALSE
    Dark Seer Vacuum 0 n 0 y TRUE FALSE
    Earthshaker Fissure 1 y 1 y TRUE TRUE [test with 5 units] most times all units stayed inside the Cogs in D1 (they were stuck in eachother) // D2 3 units stayed inside the cogs while 2 got pushed out
    Enigma Black Hole 0 n 1 y FALSE FALSE
    Ezalor Blinding Light 1 y 1 y TRUE TRUE
    Invoker Defeaning Blast 0 n 1 y FALSE FALSE
    Magnus Skewer 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Morph Adaptive Strike 1 y 1 y TRUE TRUE
    Rubick Telekinese 1 y 1 y TRUE TRUE
    Storm Electric Vortex 1 y 0* y FALSE TRUE the Vortexed Unit wont get zapped during the pull duration
    Tiny Toss 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Tuskarr Ice Shards 0 n 1 y FALSE FALSE Units were just stuck inside those Shards
    Kaolin Boulder Smash 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Kaolin Geomagnetic Grip 1 y 0 y FALSE TRUE
    Last edited by li.lo; 12-07-2013 at 07:06 AM.

Confirmed about Spiritbreaker, but he will only go through the cogs if he is charging any units outside the cogs.
    (didn't have time to test for the others.)

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

updated list

example for incorrect behaviour

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by li.lo View Post
    If i forgot something post it
    Perhaps Elder Titan ? I think his ulti repositions you. Not 100% sure but I think Shadow Demon's disruption repositions you too.
    Another set of escapes I can think of would be Venge's swap and Meepo's poof.

I am also curious what the difference is between D1 and D2 regarding what happens to naix if his infested host dies.
    As for "funny" interactions, my thoughts are on summons: what happens when Enigma\Lycan\Druid summon their creatures or if a cog overlaps a hero trapped at the edge of Disro's Kinetic Field.
    Last edited by The Nomad; 08-27-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Quote Originally Posted by The Nomad View Post
    Perhaps Elder Titan ? I think his ulti repositions you. ... Another set of escapes I can think of would be Venge's swap and Meepo's poof.
    Those are rather teleports. Power Cogs just zap a smooth movement inside/outside the cogs
    As for "funny" interactions, my thoughts are on summons: what happens when Enigma\Lycan\Druid summon their creatures or if a cog overlaps a hero trapped at the edge of Disro's Kinetic Field.
    Creeps just can get repositioned and dont get zapped (except Spirit Bear which can hold Boosters to gain Mana). Airwalk in Dota 2 is different it allows you to pass multiple barriers (while you DotA 1 airwalk doesnt)
    I am also curious what the difference is between D1 and D2 regarding what happens to naix if his infested host dies.
    He releases at the end of the Knockback? (First Knockback then Damage of Cogs)
    „Die Kinder von heute kennen kein Vaterunser, dafür aber Deinemudder.“

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by li.lo View Post
    Those are rather teleports. Power Cogs just zap a smooth movement inside/outside the cogs
    I agree for Meepo and Venge. I am just guessing that Titan's ulti works simillar to ES' fissure since the effect is similar (albeit with a delay from Titan) <- at least in D2
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

Best comparison to Earth Splitter is Reversed Polarity which drags its targets instantly too.

Bat Rider flying in works properly I'd say. It's another bug which causes him to get zapped too often when trying to fly in. In my tries he always got zapped 3 times before being able to fly in.

Chaos Night Reality Rift, I don't think listing that isn't needed, since it's an instant effect and random position.
    Same for Sand King Burrow Strike.

Is Greater Bash really like in DotA1? It shocks units at the end of the bash in Dota2.

Storm Spirit Electric Vortex, in my tests the target never got zapped from it. Pulling in or out. The target got zapped by pulling out after the vortex finished.

It would be nice if you add the new heroes to the lsit.

Xin
    Fire Remnant doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2 (probably same as in Dota1, since he is invulnerable)
    Sleight of Fist doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2 (again, invul so probably same)

Kaolin
    Boulder Smash doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2
    Rolling Boulder doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2
    Geomagnetic Grip doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2
    Please, just call me buny.

answers in red
    i took your results of both Spirits and entered them into the table (i dont have time to check those in Dota 2 and i believe you are trustworthy)
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Bat Rider flying in works properly I'd say. It's another bug which causes him to get zapped too often when trying to fly in. In my tries he always got zapped 3 times before being able to fly in. was facing the same behaviour when passing through cogs with spectral dagger in some other report and forgot this case

Chaos Night Reality Rift, I don't think listing that isn't needed, since it's an instant effect and random position. wanted to consider 'every' possibilities to enter/exit the cogs
    Same for Sand King Burrow Strike. at that time i was just wondering why sandking gets shocked and wanted to note that. in some other report it was stated that power cogs cover a bigger area so it seems to be clear now why it is like this

Is Greater Bash really like in DotA1? It shocks units at the end of the bash in Dota2. same for dota1. first it pushes the target throught cogs and then getting zapped

Storm Spirit Electric Vortex, in my tests the target never got zapped from it. Pulling in or out. The target got zapped by pulling out after the vortex finished. could be indeed different. wasnt paying that much attention at the order of the spell effects

It would be nice if you add the new heroes to the lsit.

Xin
    Fire Remnant doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2 (probably same as in Dota1, since he is invulnerable) same for DotA 1
    Sleight of Fist doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2 (again, invul so probably same) gets zapped and his target does not get damaged (same for omnislash btw)

Kaolin
    Boulder Smash doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2 gets zapped once and passes through
    Rolling Boulder doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2 gets zapped once and passes through
    Geomagnetic Grip doesn't get shocked and passes in Dota2 gets zapped once and passes through
    Last edited by li.lo; 12-01-2013 at 02:11 PM.