Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The UI needs a "scale" bar -- it's MUCH too large right now.

Basic Member
    No. It's already significantly improved from DotA.

Basic Member
    T-down.

Not seeing your items, not seeing you skills in cooldown, not seeing your buffs and debuffs, you're willing to trade all that so you could have a larger view?

You have a minimap for that. You have allies' communication for that. And everybody gets the same screen anyways.

Basic Member
    +1 agreed

+1 For scale it down! I really need more screen space!

Basic Member
    +1 ... waste of space. giant hero portrait and blank spaces != good.

Basic Member
    Agree, UI is to big. And maybe it was something else in Dota 1, but afterall, this is Dota 2, and a sequal is ment to improove. Dota was after all built in a map editor for WC3

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DBX_5 View Post
    the hero hud ui size has to remain the same for everyone, over all I think it is -okay- maybe it could be a bit smaller but not by much.
    no, it certainly does not.

If someone wants to play with a 10% scaled HuD, let them.

Quote Originally Posted by 300thecat View Post
    T-down.

Not seeing your items, not seeing you skills in cooldown, not seeing your buffs and debuffs, you're willing to trade all that so you could have a larger view?

You have a minimap for that. You have allies' communication for that. And everybody gets the same screen anyways.
    What on earth are you talking about, half the UI is empty gray space that all that information could be put into. What sort of trade would there be?

+1

I'm playing right now on a 23" screen with 1920*1080 and I have to say - the interface is WAY to big. In addition, I have to admit, that I'm used to my old World of Warcraft Interface, where you can scale down the interface as hell (which actually provides you with more overview), but that is exactly what I want with my DotA 2 interface.
    Last edited by Walktheline; 11-30-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Basic Member
    more options is never a bad thing. i am also a minimalist, and the smaller the clutter the better. could you just automatically enable moveable frames??!?!?!?