Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Petition] We can has -repick ?

IMO, the -repick function was just a privilege, not necessary.
    Afterall, it's not like they -AR for us. We have the choice to either randomize our heroes or simply pick one.
    Yes, I do know about the additional gold but I feel that if you're really not up to any hero thrown at you, you really don't deserve it.
    Well, at least for MM. Allows the players to think carefully before they simply random some hero they're totally retarded at.

-repick for practice mode is fine though.
    and I'm all in for the swap! (:
    Melodia みずき~♥

Basic Member
    +1 to this.
    Repick and Swap are needed.

Basic Member
    Well i know that a ton of people want this, and are all gonna call me fuckin batshit crazy for even saying this, but personally, i think we are better off without. Here's why:

-When you decide to random, you are taking a risk that you will get a hero you are unfamiliar with/dont know how to play/dont WANT to play. That's why you get the extra gold, because you just might not end up with the ideal hero.

-Now, with -swap you take away a large portion of that risk and it creates situations of tension between teammates and reasons for people to bail on their game or not try. For example, someone quickly randoms, and they get dark seer. They hate dark seer, and the others team has great synergy, and for all intents and purposes ds doesn't fit into your team at all, so. You ask for a swap(because you have the option to) and noone wants to play dark seer so then you blame your teammates for not taking your shitty random, or you end up repicking and getting another shitty hero like axe, only you have dick all for starting gold and you are pretty much useless. Then you already before the game even begins, are at a disadvantage, and you will most likely have the mindset that if you lose, or your team doesn't do very well, its because of the bad random and your team wouldn't swap you for a hero you can play.

-Another side of the coin, if there is a -swap, what is to stop your carry player from always randoming, and then a friend picking a carry and swapping him EVERY game, insuring that your carry always starts with the bonus gold, it completely removes the risk.

Next you have people who random a hero that is completely useful, say antimage, but doesn't really want to play him, your teammates all see you get antimage, so they pick to support you, with a tide, venge, omni, and sk. Then said antimage player repicks when the countdown is at 5 seconds, and takes some stupid pick like alchemist because he thinks he can carry better (ya ya, bad example because anyone with half a brain knows that's completely ass backwards) but its possible that it could happen. And an alchemist with 250 starting gold really is useless and completely ruins the lineup built around an antimage.

None of these situations can happen if there is no option for swap or repick, people will think twice before randoming and realize that it IS a risk. If you random dark seer and aren't very good with dark seer, you will have the extra starting gold to help you out, which is what its intended for. You will continue to try to learn the hero and play him the best you can, instead of raging at your team for not swapping, or crippling yourself by repicking. Just man up and play the hero. Maybe you'll learn something and be better off the next time you random him/her.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by live.yush View Post
    +1 to this.
    Repick and Swap are needed.
    This. especially swap.

I can live without repick because it encourages random, but PLEASE give us swap. ^^

Basic Member
    Must have imo because alot times the whole team just random 5 meele/carry shit heros

@sterls:
    1. you can repick, and pick again, and be at a disadvantage for you start with less gold than if you just randomed, or just picked.

2. organized games are not played "AP", they get captains mode. So argument invalid. This is about pubs.

3. again, this is about pubs, not organized games.

Glad to see three pages of support in less than 24 hours, hope it gets implemented soon-ish.

Basic Member
    Banja Luka ,Bosnia and Herzegovina(Republik of Srpska)
    I would love both swap and repick

Just a quick note, -repick allows you to choose your repick hero, not random.
    So, I don't think the player will end up with another shitty hero if he chose to -repick.

Basic Member
    +1 for swap.. repick.. no for me.. pointless.. 30 sec picking phase, why the hell u want swap XD . If u random, then deal with it.

Basic Member
    Gimme swap!