Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Add Pause functionality

um pause function is kinda necessary guys, or is this LoL where even the most base and mandatory features are absent? the pause feature in HoN is NEVER, and I repeat NEVER abused. IF you implement it the way it is implemented in HoN it is not abuse-able by any means whatsoever.

for sure theres a pause feature needed, just do it like hon (sry for that :P) and everything will be fine

Basic Member
    A pause function is pretty necessary... a few minute DC can completely ruin an otherwise good game of DOTA2 and that can be frustrating, regardless of it being a public game. I'm not sure how you can actually argue against a feature like this, as it can't be abused and rarely is used in a harmful way, and if it is, it only pauses the game for a maximum of 2-3 minutes (if done the way HON has it).

A pause feature implemented in a similar fashion as Dotalicious (http://www.dotalicious-gaming.com) would be nice.

1. Each player gets 1 pause per game.
    2. When a player issues a pause command, there is a countdown from 5 seconds (globally indicated to all players) and then the game is paused.
    3. Any player can extend this countdown by 5(?) seconds (maximum of three countdown extensions.)
    4. The pause lasts for 30 seconds maximum, and then anyone can resume. (only the pausing player's team can resume before the 30 seconds are up)
    5. A player on the same team as the current pause can issue an 'extend' command, using up their pause to extend the current pause by 30 seconds.

In my opinion having a vote for a pause is kinda goofy.

That having been said, I do not think a pause feature is needed in average pub games. A pause feature however would be needed in league games.

Perhaps in the future there will be private leagues where you can only queue in matchmaking for them if you have a vouch. (side thought)

Basic Member
    i agree, pause feature is infintely useful in pubs, i'd say more useful in pubs then in tournaments, as most pubs are solo Qers and you can't really rely or expect randoms to have a decent computer or connection especially at this un-optimized state, and especially with the keyboard bug.

Basic Member
    The idea of not having a pause feature in the game is ridiculous, sometimes something minor takes my attention for a minute, there has to be a better alternative than holding him in the woods hoping he doesn't get ganked.

agree with most people here, pauses is a needed feature in all game modes.

Banned
    If something against leavers/afkers is going to be implemented we also need a pause function. Like others already said, a 4/5 vote and a certain amount of time until the enemy team is able to unpause.

Basic Member
    i agree as well... the pause function needs to be implemented... and HoN has a pretty good system of doing it. At most you have to wait 2 minutes max if you dont want to wait. Its never really abused.

Basic Member
    I agree with this, although it should not be unlimited pauses because that would just be abused in public matches