Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Add Pause functionality

Basic Member
    Yeah having a system where games can be paused is really importand when every minute of not being in a game can really hurt your chances of winning.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoid View Post
    Pausing is available in Practice or Tournament games that have a directly connected broadcaster or referee spectator. It will probably not be available in public matchmaking games.
    i think it is really important you add the pause function to all gametypes.. im public matchmaking you could do it the Hon or dotalicious way, where everyone has 1 pause of a limited time.. after the limited time everyone will be able to unpause it, but they can choose to keep it paused if they so desire..

also... even for games with a directly connected broadcaster or referee spectator it is important that the players themselves are able to pause.. Even the 10 seconds it can take for the players to inform the referee that they need pause and the referee to hit the pause button can change a game drasticly if it happends at a bad time

I can only emphasize what people already said: Pause function like it is done in DotAlicious works nice. It's fast and people don't get annoyed by it ("hey, I can resume as soon as the 30 seconds are over and he can't pause again"). I haven't played HoN, but I imagine a vote taking quite some time and what are the cases you want to pause? When the door rings, or your phone or something else urgent and unpredicted, so I could see HoN's pause not being as good as DotAlicious' when it comes down to those cases.

In MAtchMaking game.. We should be able to pause when a player gets disconnected. At least, until a maximum of 3 pauses per Team.

Please add a pause fucntion! My team just lost a game because I got an emergency situation and had to AFK! I was alone at home, I thought that no one will disturb me and thats why I started playing. We were winning the game and then the doorbell rings... I won't go into details, but my team lost cause of me and that makes me feel awful!

Banned
    so forfeit AND pause are no-no's? wtf is this.

Basic Member
    Dotalicious pause is perfect. Each player gets 1 !pause per game. When you type !pause there is a 10 second countdown (the countdown can be made up to 10 seconds longer by players typing "c"), after which the game will pause for at least 30 seconds. During that 30 seconds, only you are able to !resume it. After 30 seconds, the game will remain paused, but anyone is able to !resume it. Resuming has a 5 second countdown. A player that has not yet used their !pause can use !extend to add an extra 30 seconds to a game that is already paused by another player. If you use !extend, you are unable to !pause, and vice versa.
    Last edited by kekeke; 10-15-2011 at 05:26 AM.

How do I pause in Practice games? I can't find the option..

What a fight. SUNSfan won the bananas.

It's beta! Give it a try Valve!

Try a 4/5 vote requiriements and 3 per team. Maybe just 2 per team.

Then the next update after, change it to 1 per player. See how it works.
    Last edited by Motanum; 01-22-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    Motanum's Website
    Portal Maps - Motanum's Cheating Test
    Portal 2 Maps - Motanum's Test 01 | Main Four

Steam ID

Like my work? Spare a coin? You can donate via PayPal at eugenio.motanum [AT] gmail.com