Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can we make speaking anything but English in chat a reportable offense?

Banned

can we make speaking anything but English in chat a reportable offense?

Though I must admit I'm already doing it,, i.e. whenever I see Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese or whatever being spoken in teamchat, I hit the Text Abuse button.

You can't report in dota2 but it is possible that you can get in jail if you ever leave america with that mindset.

Basic Member
    No this game is not only for spoken english people

Quote Originally Posted by ValeN View Post
    You can't report in dota2 but it is possible that you can get in jail if you ever leave america with that mindset.
    or he will find more people who speak english

because it's the easiest language to learn.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ValeN View Post
    I'm not American. Hell I'm not even from an English speaking country, yet unlike you I realize that THE language to be used on an online game should be English.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boogiepop View Post
    Though I must admit I'm already doing it,, i.e. whenever I see Russian, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese or whatever being spoken in teamchat, I hit the Text Abuse button.
    What is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir795 View Post
    What is wrong with you?
    I have reported most Russians I came across, though not for the same reason as OP lol

But I've also commended every friendly premade of Russians I've played with, in hopes that those guys will keep their good attitude once they check the amount of commends they have gotten in their profile.
    Last edited by Boss_Kobra; 01-22-2012 at 12:25 PM.

what the hell? this dude is seriously mentally ill. but anyway,he might be ban due to report spamming for no valid reason.good luck

Basic Member
    So, reporting a player for not comunicating in a team game is madness?

Sure, go ahead, speak russian with your friends, but you have to be able to understand basic english if you're playing a public game.

The Russians don't even have a good reason to play in US servers (and don't bring up the argument of them having American friends. Most of them play in premades with fellow Russinas), other than shorter queue times, which aren't even that long when you're playing with just one region selected.

It would be still stupid to region lock players, since that would fuck over the folks currently having issues with their closest servers, like the Australians, New Zealand and SEA players.
    Last edited by Boss_Kobra; 01-22-2012 at 12:36 PM.