Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [fixed] Treant Protector's Nature's guise not working properly

Basic Member

[fixed] Treant Protector's Nature's guise not working properly

The radius on nature's guise is much larger than in dota 1. You can stand about 25% further away from trees without leaving invis. There are also inconsistencies on the map where you are able to stand even further away from trees than this. If you go to the middle of radiant jungle you can stand invisible in the middle of the patches of trees up to a range of about 600 away from any tree.

Why is this important you might ask?

Well, the entire width of the lanes is covered by by this range, meaning you can move basically anywhere on the map except for a small part of the river without leaving invis.

but the real reason why this spell is COMPLETELY BROKEN is that you can turn your lane creeps invisible and they will STAY INVISIBLE. In dota 1 when you use this spell on lane creeps they will come out of invis instantly or very quickly because they do not stay in range of trees. However, in dota 2 they will continue to be invis, except for the middle lane and maybe a part of bot lane. How does this break the game? Treant effectively becomes the strongest off lane solo in the game because he is able to freely and constantly deny creeps from the enemy by simply spamming this spell on his lane creeps, and they will then run all the way to the tier 2 tower before dying.

Here's a short video showing this that will be uploaded shortly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfD1F...ature=youtu.be

Treant standing within Guise radius in dota 2, outside of radius in dota 1. I also made a rough outline of the limit of guise (just standing) on both screens:

2012-05-17_00012.jpg

war3 2012-05-17 01-29-07-74.jpg
    Last edited by Xelfire; 05-17-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Basic Member
    according to playdota.com range should be 375 (circle on screenshots) and "npc_abilities.txt" file have value 375 for radius, but looks like it's real value around 500

Last edited by lunatic3k; 05-16-2012 at 10:24 PM.

+1 to this then

Basic Member
    I'm not on my computer but maybe someone can check the data file and make sure it's correct in there? And yes, it should be 375 range and invis drops after 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSnoopie View Post
    I'm not on my computer but maybe someone can check the data file and make sure it's correct in there? And yes, it should be 375 range and invis drops after 1 second.
    Correct in data files:

Code:
    			"03"
    			{
    				"var_type"					"FIELD_INTEGER"
    				"radius"					"375 375 375 375"
    			}
    Meaning something else is bOrkEd

Basic Member
    in data files its 375, but in game its 99% not - maybe tree size is wrong?

btw, u can kill your creeps that way in dota1 too, so bug is only range to the trees
    Last edited by lunatic3k; 05-16-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Basic Member
    I forget how these abilities work, it could be unit radius+the radius of guise which would be larger than 375.

Radii (plural radius, yes it's weird) are calculated from the very center of a unit (which is why melee attack ranges are at 128, etc.). So the circle drawn in the picture at 375 (using dota_range_display) is true 375 range. Tree should be revealed

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    I forget how these abilities work, it could be unit radius+the radius of guise which would be larger than 375.
    treant radius is ~60, but guise range still more that 435 (375+60)

Basic Member
    I can literally stand in the middle of my lane and stay invisible, it's ridiculous.