Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [I.s.6.79] Primal Split being able to damage Nyx Assasin even through spiked carapace

[I.s.6.79] Primal Split being able to damage Nyx Assasin even through spiked carapace

I happened to come across a bug with Brewmaster's spirit's damage going through Nyx Assasins spiked carapace, which didn't happen in DotA 1.

In DotA 1:

In DotA 2:

If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    ^please dont post wrong things. This is not the same

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Oh thanks for that i suppose this thread shall just be added in the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by MaKacknAffe View Post
    ^please dont post wrong things. This is not the same
    This is the same. The thread title is missleading as it states "invulnerable" but should be "invulnerable to spiked carapace".
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

This is the same. The thread title is missleading as it states "invulnerable" but should be "invulnerable to spiked carapace".
    Well, had i known about the other thread i would've posted there but when i searched in the "known bugs thread" i only searched for brewmaster's spirits and didn't think that the same bug had to do with all invulnerable heroes and such, but i would've added my found on the first thread.
    Anyway, i wouldn't call this bug the same with the previous one because brewmaster's spirits are not invulnerable.

No, the title is not misleading on that thread. If the damage source is invulnerable, truly invulnerable, there is no such thing as being invulnerable to spiked carapace; spiked carapace does not block that damage instance. And that is what that thread is about
    This really is the same issue, because the primary source of the damage, the Brewmaster, is invulnerable as split elements are dealing damage to carapace'd Nyx

Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    No, the title is not misleading on that thread. If the damage source is invulnerable, truly invulnerable, there is no such thing as being invulnerable to spiked carapace; spiked carapace does not block that damage instance. And that is what that thread is about
    This really is the same issue, because the primary source of the damage, the Brewmaster, is invulnerable as split elements are dealing damage to carapace'd Nyx
    I should realy test it, I thought it was related to the spirits... it seems that such stuff happens all the time to me without testing, damn mind

Okay, I was in a game while writing that post, now I tested once again; here is the proof that it actually and correctly attempts to reflect the damage back to the hidden Brewmaster:

- split
    - wait for the last moments of the split
    - Hurl Boulder against nyx
    - cast Carapace with nyx
    - but do these in such a fashion that as the boulder reaches the nyx, the brewmaster gets reassembled

> brewmaster gets stunned and damaged as a result while nyx is unharmed (but of course stunned)

may go ahead and do it with airborne storm element attack projectile, though it is a lot harder, it still happens
    So, reflection rules are actually alright, the damage should really get reflected to the primary damage source, the brewmaster. The problem is, when the primary damage source is invulnerable, it just does not reflect it at all...
    It should try to reflect it, but the primary damage source shall not receive a damage, since he/she is invulnerable

Quote Originally Posted by ThoAppelsin View Post
    Okay, I was in a game while writing that post, now I tested once again; here is the proof that it actually and correctly attempts to reflect the damage back to the hidden Brewmaster:

- split
    - wait for the last moments of the split
    - Hurl Boulder against nyx
    - cast Carapace with nyx
    - but do these in such a fashion that as the boulder reaches the nyx, the brewmaster gets reassembled

> brewmaster gets stunned and damaged as a result while nyx is unharmed (but of course stunned)

may go ahead and do it with airborne storm element attack projectile, though it is a lot harder, it still happens
    So, reflection rules are actually alright, the damage should really get reflected to the primary damage source, the brewmaster. The problem is, when the primary damage source is invulnerable, it just does not reflect it at all...
    It should try to reflect it, but the primary damage source shall not receive a damage, since he/she is invulnerable
    I actually did what you said with the brewmaster becoming vulnerable again in both of my videos cause in the beggining i doubted brewmaster would get stunned/damaged but after i saw that in both cases he would get the reflect dmg + stun i understood what was going on there.
    So the issue is pretty much the same, invulnerable units can by pass the reflect of spiked carapace.